You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Senior System Industrialisation Engineer
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Introduction to the job
Join ASML Wilton today to receive your sign on bonus and relocation.
*Offer valid for Wilton, CT new hire offers made between now and December 23, 2022.
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
ASML in Wilton, CT is seeking an EUV Main Delivery Owner who is responsible for managing and driving the industrialization performance in the D&E organization to ensure our new product line in EUV meets and exceed their availability performance. You are also responsible to make the next step in alignment and agreement on industrialization process optimization, driving via content.
As a Main Delivery Owner you are responsible for reporting on project status, planning and scope. You will work within a wide community of Project Leads, Program, Factory and Customer Support.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
As an MDO you are responsible for:
- Maintaining high level project overview of Availability & Diagnostics Deliverables.
- Performing KD (Key Decision) rollup and report to PL (project leader) in line with PGP (Product Generation Process) schedule.
- Driving team execution according to project schedule.
- Making agreements with all the FC's within the EUV program to deliver industrialization deliverables on time, with agreed quality.
- Delivering chapters to the PID (Project Initiation Document) from PL to describe project scope and plan (including team structure and responsibilities).
- Using uniform interface dashboards with MDO's/PL's.
- Stakeholder management.
- Escalating in a structured way in case of delays.
- Delivering System Diagnostics improvements towards the Program.
- Together with scanner engineering team identify, initiate and drive design and process improvements in cooperation with our stakeholders in Veldhoven and Wilton.
- Improve the quality of feedback from the field together with our Customer Support department towards development and programs.
- Act as liaison between Wilton team and Veldhoven projects.
- It is equally important to have an ability to grasp and structure large amounts of information and anticipate the user’s knowledge gaps. You should have excellent planning and organizational skills.
- You have to keep yourself up-to-date with developments and trends internal to the ASML industry and also keep up with a constantly evolving Standard. You will attend training courses to stay up to date with the new technology and programs available to ASML.
- Typical business hours with travel international up to 10%.
Education and experience
- Degree in the following relevant subjects: Sciences, Languages, Engineering or Technology, or equivalent experience, with a combination of experience as outlined below:
- Associate’s Degree with 10 years’ experience. BS or above with 7 years’ experience.
- Relevant experience should be in an engineering or service environment. Working experience or knowledge in Photo-lithography tools as well as understanding the concept of CRAMS (cost, reliability, availability, manufacturability, serviceability) and procedure generation is preferred.
- Experience in a production environment with high tech products and complex production processes is an advantage.
- Proven excellent fluent communication skills in English, written and verbal.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint is a must and prior experience with xml editors (Arbortext, Oxygen) is definitely a plus.
- Working knowledge of SAP, is a plus.
- Working knowledge of computers and other communication tools.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- Analytic, abstract thinking, good communication skills, initiative, independent, planning and prioritizing, sharing knowledge, stress tolerance and teamwork.
- Communication skills. Equipment Engineers must be able to gather the complex, technical information from the Subject Matter Experts and translate it for users who do not have the technical background.
- Detail oriented. Equipment Engineers create detailed instructions for others to follow. They must be detailed and precise at every step so that the instructions can be useful.
- Teamwork. Equipment Engineers must be able to work well with others. They are always part of a team. They collaborate with other team members, authors, and Subject Matter Experts, Customer Support, etc.
- Technical skills. Equipment Engineers must be able to understand and then explain the highly technical information in a simple way.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Additional Responsibilities (as needed in the cleanroom and/or labs):
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be willing to work in a clean room environment, wearing coveralls, hoods, booties, safety glasses and gloves. Working under ISO 9000/14000 standards.
- The environment in the cleanroom is moderate in temperature with moderate to high noise level.
- Working around lasers; working with ladders; working on platforms; and working around chemicals.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
Daily tasks may include:
- Can work under deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Meeting colleagues to discuss technology.
This position is located on-site in Wilton, CT. It requires onsite presence to attend in-person work-related events, trainings and meetings and to further ensure teamwork, collaboration and innovation.
- A flexible workplace arrangement may be available to employees working in roles conducive to remote work (up to two days a week).
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.