You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Customer Supply Chain EUV US Regional Planning Manager
In a nutshell
Chandler - AZ, US
Introduction to the job
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
ASML has an industry-leading supply-chain management (SCM) organization, responsible for ensuring material availability to ASML’s factories and customers. Our DNA contains customer focus, concurrent engineering, virtual integration plus the ability to thrive in a volatile market, accelerate the supply chain and deliver creative solutions. SCM plans up to four years ahead while customer requirements and system bill of materials can change at any time. Any break in material availability can have an unacceptable impact for our customers. So SCM must proactively identify and solve potential issues by working closely with our technical departments and customers, and actively managing an extensive supplier base.
Customer Supply Chain is responsible for all customer supply chain activities (machines deliveries, upgrades at customer sites, spare parts management), inbound and outbound flows to and from the factories. Strong interfaces with other supply chain departments, ASML Factories, Central Planning, Field offices, Account Team and Customer Service departments will be required.
A challenging group lead position for academic professionals with experience in supply chain management. Are you a talented supply chain professional looking for the next challenge? Do you get energy from solving problems and finding solutions when the stakes are high? Can you execute diligently while thinking smartly on how the process can be improved? Do you want to have a core planner position in a fast changing and demanding environment to secure material availability against agreed costs at customer site? If this is the case, please reach out so that we can meet and further discuss this opportunity.
The mission of this position is to ensure successful delivery of all supply chain requirements for all upgrade, installation and relocation events in the US region. Main KPIs are related to material availability and costs. Ensure with his/her team that the (thousands of) high-tech parts are delivered on-time, on-spec, at the right quality at the customer site, at the right costs. This position needs to enable and drive his/her team to meet the delivery requirements that have been agreed with the customers and ASMLs engineering team. The position is responsible to build and lead a team in the near term to enable ongoing business growth in the US region.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
Manage a group of assigned customer(s) supply chain specialists within the United States to support the upgrade/ install/relocation events at the customer sites for EUV machines, while building up relationships with internal stakeholders and external customers and meet/align on internal stakeholders and external customers’ expectations. Responsibilities related to:
Managing a group of supply chains specialists responsible for the supply chain performance for EUV machine Upgrades/ Installs/ Relocation (UIR) within the US region, to include:
- On time in full (OTIF) for all needed materials related to upgrades/installs/relocations to meet agreed plan.
- Maintain/improve cooperation between local, regional and central supply chain teams for optimal execution of the event.
- Secure relevant performance reporting per event to stakeholders.
- Performance indicators e.g. Non-Local Emergency shipments (EMO), Local EMO, materials in engineering stock in customer fab >14 days, Customer fab Lay down area (LDA) utilization, Quality indicator for material return from customer fabs (PPR/PTR), cleaning specific project related warehouse storage locations.
Demand, Planning and Analysis:
- Owner of Masterplan EUV Upgrades/installs/relocation in the US, ensuring correct Field Resources to support the plan (manpower & materials).
- Responsible for the correct inputting of demand into the system (SAP) for EUV Upgrades, Relocations and Installs for the US region.
- Main contact to Field Customer teams, Field and VHV Schedule Event teams, Field Material Availability (FMA), Service management & New Product Introduction (NPI) activities for EUV US Scheduled Events, to ensure the right planning and material availability, including critical material management.
- Monitor critical materials and ensure effective site coverage. Delivery Response Time (DRT) for US regional (continent) planned materials for EUV, including continental zero-bin management.
- Bi-annual Spartan (Service part and -tools planning round) consolidation for EUV for the US region.
Ensure EUV Upgrade/Install/Relocation (UIR) Supply chain Capability:
- Be the main point of contact for internal customer, represents UIR EUV US in centrally (Veldhoven ASML HQ) driven projects.
- Ensure standardization in way-of-working for the schedule event specialists.
- Secure relevant planning tools (e.g. HERO dashboard) to support the events.
- Secure relevant performance reporting (e.g. OTIF) to stakeholders.
- Embedding continuous improvements.
- Responsible for EUV related supply chain costs for EUV upgrades/installs/relocations events in the US region.
- Deliver on assigned cost targets per event (e.g. PDL Accuracy/Coverage).
- Closure reporting per event and drive improvements based on analysis.
- Support Cost reductions programs and initiate new reduction proposals.
Leadership-Process, People and Development:
- Ensure the right capacity and capabilities of your team to execute all activities for EUV upgrades/installs/relocations events in the US.
- Develop staff training, personal growth and skill proficiencies.
- Drive process standardization and efficiencies via LEAN.
Education and experience
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Business Engineering or Supply Chain, or equivalent experience.
- Preferable Master's degree.
- 3-8 years of relevant field experience in a complex customer oriented (logistics) environment.
- Knowledge of business complexity, supply chain and/or relevant industry.
- Analytical and able to organize and prioritize workload(should be in personal skills).
- Experience in defining and implementing of new processes across the supply chain against agreed costs, proven record on (continuous) improvement-projects.
- Know how about Materials Requirement Planning (MRP).
- Familiar with ERP, SAP experience is preferred.
- Strong data analysis and problem solving abilities.
- Advanced competencies in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- Leadership skills, drive for results, ability to perform under high pressure and timelines.
- Excellent social and communication (both written and verbal) skills.
- Service minded and customer dedicated.
- Result oriented Team player with a convincing pro-active attitude, “can do” mentality, flexible and highly committed.
- Knowledge of ASML supply chain procedures is preferred.
- Remain flexible in providing after hours support, as needed.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Position is stationed in US Chandler office (AZ).
- This position is reporting to the CSCM Senior Customer Manager.
- Geographic primary responsibilities: Hillsboro (OR), Boise (ID), Austin (TX), Phoenix/Chandler (AZ), Malta (NY).
- Travel possible (Domestic/International): 20-30%.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.