You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Incoming Quality Inspector
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Introduction to the job
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
The Incoming Quality Control Inspector will be responsible for verifying incoming materials received from vendors as well as material processed internally to be in compliance with drawings, specifications and requirements. The verification process includes but is not limited to: physical dimensions, surface analysis, material used, plating, cosmetic appearance, proper packaging, etc. This position will also be responsible for interacting with other departments such as engineering, logistics, and production to determine the cause and resolution of non-conforming parts.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
- Inspect incoming mechanical or electrical parts and sub-assemblies to ensure compliance with engineering drawings and Technical Procurement Documents. Inspector will determine which feature(s) need to be inspected and which inspection technique and equipment is best suited to obtain the measurements in an accurate and efficient manner.
- Inspector may need to interface with engineering to obtain information or concur on conformity and usability if spec is not available. Inspections will also evaluate proper paperwork and packaging of products as well.
- Document the inspection results in internal tracking software. Generate Material Notification reports for non-conforming parts using SAP to qualify and quantify observed deviations from the product Technical Procurement Document. Send inspection information to various parties and departments for feedback.
- Closely control materials, inspection equipment and tooling.
- Ensure all material gets processed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Issue non-conformity reports for all non-conforming materials.
- Maintain work area in accordance with 5S+1 principles.
- Properly transfer material in SAP.
- Timely and professional communication.
Education and experience
- High school diploma or equivalent experience.
- General computer proficiencies; Microsoft Office Suite, SAP.
- Strong Ability to read and understand engineering drawings used to inspect machined parts.
- Proficient with GD&T ANSI Y 14.5-1994/1998/2009, surface plate layout and dimensional inspection techniques.
- Experience or knowledge of working with very tight tolerances and specifications.
- Proficient with dimensional inspection equipment (Caliper, Micrometer, Pin Gauges, Gauge Blocks, Micro Hite Gauge, Go-No Go Gauge, Depth Gauge etc.).
- Proficient with Coordinate Measuring Machine a plus.
- Material Handling experience a plus, with use of electric forklifts, pallet jacks, dollies overhead crane and other related equipment.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to deal with people at all levels within the organization and outside.
- Strong organizational skills and detailed record keeping.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail, work under pressure, and meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated with the ability to organize, prioritize, and manage changing priorities.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Ability to lift boxes less than or equal to 25lbs from floor to desk top independently, or 25 to 40lbs with assistance from another person.
Position will work first shift.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.