You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Sr. Software Engineer
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
San Jose - CA, US
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering, Electrical engineering, Data science
Introduction to the job
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
Role and responsibilities
As a Software Engineer, you will develop software for best-in-class wafer inspection tools.If you are a collaborative team player who enjoys technology challenges, join our team! You will partner with other team members to build robust software in support of ASML’s world-leading e-Beam product line.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Design and develop computer software systems, software system GUI, in conjunction with hardware product development
Analyzes software requirements and collaborates with other engineering teams to determine feasible solutions within time constraints.
- Utilize OOD and design patterns to formulate modular software systems per specs.
- Design and perform module unit test, simulation and system integration tests.
- Write requirements, design document and test plan.
- Carry out performance analysis, troubleshooting and technical support.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics or related fields.Higher degree desired
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work related experience with a BS degree.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work related experience with a MS degree.
- Expert programming knowledge in C#.
- Strong knowledge in software architecture design, OOD and design patterns.
- Hands-on work experience with WPF.
- Experienced with Git, Agile workflow and software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Knowledge of image processing, real time programming or semiconductor equipment control is a plus.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Excellent skills in problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.