You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Sourcing Project Manager
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Introduction to the job
Join ASML Wilton today to receive your sign on bonus and relocation.
*Offer valid for Wilton, CT new hire offers made between now and December 23, 2022.
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
The Sourcing PL is a key figure in the Sourcing organization, providing project management support to ensure the effective and efficient introduction and a smooth ramp-up of new products in the Supply Chain, according to ASML’s Product Generation Process (PGP). The scope is the orchestration of PGP deliverables from the Sourcing sector that are required for prototypes, pilots and volume deliveries from ASML’s Supply Chain, across all relevant project teams and involved suppliers. The prime focus is on “complex parts” but there are also coordination activities necessary for non-complex parts. In addition to New Product Introductions (NPI’s), other types of projects supported include outsourcing and cost reduction projects. Another important aspect of the position is to help the head of Sourcing oversee and manage overall cost reduction progress per platform.
This position will support all Wilton programs in support of both EUV and DUV business lines.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
- Monitor & drive end to end project execution across line functions and across suppliers according to ASML’s PGP process.
- Provide Sourcing integrated planning (activities, milestones, resources) throughout all project phases towards BL/PDM/Procurement/D&E (SCE)/GLS (LSM).
- Support project team members by helping them remove all bottlenecks/constraints that block program progress.
- Drive the definition of the complex parts (CPL) per program across Procurement, D&E (SCE) and GLS (LSM), across involved suppliers and Strategic Product Family Teams (SPFT’s).
- Monitor & drive Cost of Goods towards Business Target in BL and across SPFT’s/Supplier account teams.
PGP Supply Chain Deliverables:
Coordinate Supply Management deliverables:
- Complex Part List, Make/Buy Decisions, Supplier Selection, Contracting Suppliers, Quality, Logistics, Technology and Cost (QLTC) target setting & realization, Supplier Cost: CoG roadmaps (DMM) & Investments (Process NRE/Tooling and Move Rate investments).
Interface with D&E Supply Chain Engineering for their deliverables:
- Statement of Work, Manufacturing Flow, FMEA, TPD Acceptance by Supplier, Proto Evaluation, Test Coverage Documents, Parts Quality Report, Costing (PP3).
Interface with Logistics (GLS/LSM) for their deliverables:
- Move Rate/Capacity, Flexibility, Cycle Time.
- Signal financial consequences of supply chain resources (tools, facilities, manpower) and supplier cost (CoG roadmaps, Process NRE and Tooling).
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree (strongly preferred to be in a technical field), or equivalent experience required.
- MBA is required unless candidate has at least 7 years of related experience in management of complex large-scale projects, preferably related to Sourcing.
- Charisma and enthusiasm are important, as is the ability to influence and lead.
- Candidate must be highly organized and self-directed.
- Professional, excellent communication skills are essential.
- Experience working with high-tech NPI processes is highly desirable.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.