You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Customer Support Engineer - US Region
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Chandler - AZ, US
Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
Responsible for the installation, qualification, repair, and maintenance of the ASML systems at customer site and is responsible for the necessary transfer of knowledge to the customer.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
- Install equipment at customer’s locations, including equipment with new features, unload components, inspect for damage, assemble, align and test.
- Analyze applicability, accuracy and adherence to design specifications.
- Evaluate and diagnose problems and make appropriate repairs.
- Expediently escalate issues to supporting resources when necessary.
- Work with co-workers, customer, and field support in isolating and solving problems.
- Maintain and optimize equipment on a daily basis to enhance functionality and prevent problems.
- Train customers in use and routine maintenance of equipment.
- Answer customer questions and assist customers in a professional manner.
- Act as a resource for users on routine malfunctions.
- Advise users of appropriate actions to correct malfunctions and may recommend changes in user procedures.
- Perform administrative and coordination duties, including pass-downs, work orders, field service reports, system problem reports, and monthly reports. Prepare written technical reports on an independent basis.
- Provide appropriate support and assistance to less experienced ASML personnel as necessary.
- Evaluate work performed and provide improvement submissions.
Education and experience
- Position requires a BS degree in an Engineering field or equivalent experience.
- Mechanical aptitude and knowledge of pneumatics, hydraulics, electronics, and semiconductor processes, and relevant software.
- Demonstrated experience using computer applications, including data analysis tools, word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software.
- Verbal and written language skills in English.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- Safely execute work and to stop if unsafe situations arise.
- Clear and effective communication skills.
- Ability to train and mentor Engineers and customer employees.
- Willingness to continue learning and growing in a professional environment is necessary.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- This position will require up to 1 year business travel to Taiwan to train with the Phoenix, AZ start-up team supporting TSMC. Phoenix, AZ is currently the planned return location at this time but this may change based upon business needs. Candidates must be willing to relocate (company-assisted) to the location that requires their support.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit, walk, talk, hear, use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel, stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pound-in-weight unaided.
- May require travel dependent on company needs.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Work is conducted at a customer site and requires familiarization with customer rules and policies regarding worksite behavior and safety.
- Expect to spend more than 60% of the time inside the clean room working with electromechanical equipment.
- Position works under the direction of a Manager, Supervisor, or Sr. Engineer.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.