You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Mechatronics Engineering Manager - Guaranteed sign on bonus and relocation
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Introduction to the job
Join ASML Wilton today to receive your sign on bonus and relocation.
*Offer valid for Wilton, CT new hire offers made between now and December 23, 2022.
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
ASML, a market leader in the semiconductor lithography equipment, is looking to fill the role of Group Leader within the Mechatronics group. The role will require managerial and technical leadership for a 15-25 member group working on the concept, analysis, development and delivery of intricate lithography components. We are looking for someone with a technical background, strong people leadership skills, and the drive and ownership to jump in and support their employee’s growth and wellbeing as well as support project deliverables as needed. This is a technical group where a complex engineering background and analytic thought are as important as inspiring leadership and people development.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
- Responsible for people management and career development activities including recruiting, onboarding, training, mentoring, coaching, and performance evaluations.
- Responsible for leading a group of mechatronic engineers to perform conceptual design, analysis, and development of new products and innovative changes to existing products.
- Work with multiple engineering disciplines and co-developers to ensure timely realization of competitive, serviceable products that keep the semiconductor industry moving forward.
- Responsible for resource allocation working with Project Leaders to anticipate program staffing and skillset needs.
- Lead continuous improvement projects to further improve the quality and efficiency of the organization.
Education and experience
- Engineering/Physics degree required, or equivalent experience.
- Mechanical/Mechatronic Engineering degree preferred.
- Minimum 3 years in a people leadership role.
- Experience leading a multi-disciplinary technical program preferred.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- Possess strong leadership and ownership characteristics-demonstrated commitment to achieving results on time.
- Have strong written and oral communicative skills-ability to communicate effectively to your team and to senior management.
- Demonstrated “team player” with a quality orientation and interpersonal skills.
- Capability to interface with multidisciplinary groups (including senior leadership), and be willing to take on responsibility, follow through and keep multiple simultaneous projects on schedule.
- Ability to inspire and coach individuals and groups to achieve career development and performance targets.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- A challenging opportunity to expand your knowledge in a wide variety of engineering application areas and to work on problems spanning all technical fields.
- Highly creative and qualified teams with a diversity of experience.
- Great career opportunities at a quickly growing high-tech company.
- World class technical problems to solve.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.