You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Senior Process Engineer - Thin Film technology
In a nutshell
Introduction to the job
EUV lithography systems enable our customers to create next generation consumer electronics (like smartphones, tablets, etc.). For this the EUV lithography system needs a push towards an industrialized product so our customers can use it in a profitable way. A major part of this is to improve the defectivity performance of the EUV systems. As part of the Defectivity department you will work in multidisciplinary teams driving product development step by step. The holder of this position is reporting to the Pellicle & DGLm (Film) Design Group Lead.
The main function of a pellicle is to increase the defectivity performance of an EUV scanner without having negative impact on other performance parameters. The main function of DGL membrane is to improve spectral purity of the EUV beam before it hits the wafer. Both products are extremely thin membranes consisting of several layers. They are used on all EUV scanner platforms. Both the material stack composition and the way of processing of the pellicle are important to meet the product performance as defined for the various generations of membranes.
Role and responsibilities
- You should have extensive thin film technology knowledge and actively contribute to the development of processes for new membranes, including the industrialization, and help to steer the process maturity improvements needed for manufacturing of existing membranes.
- For the development of new thin film manufacturing processes definition of DOE’s, conducting experiments, characterization of layers/stacks and definition of follow-up investigations are part of the activities.
- For the steering of the process development of thin film membranes and the industrialization of the manufacturing process of these membranes process analysis and product-process relation investigations are required; including assessment of process capability and control
- Support and guide the development and industrialization of deposition technologies for extremely thin layers/stacks, structuring of these layers while providing the desired functionality.
- Effectively use characterization methods to measure/characterize membrane films during the stages of the manufacturing process and correlate analysis results with the product performance.
- Evaluation of the product performance of the membranes by functional testing.
- Process development and industrialization is achieved by (guiding of) experimental testing, possibly at external facilities, and in cooperation with external partners in combination with extensive analysis.
Education and experience
Education: Min. MSc or PhD, material science, physical chemistry/physics withaffinity for thin film technology
- More than 12 years experience in thin film process development and manufacturing, posteducational journey completion.
- Extensiveoperational experience in process manufacturing (factory-setup understanding) and industrialization
- Highknowledge level on Thin film technology and materials (properties,processing, interfaces)
- Ability tocover process development ranging from research phase, development phase,pilot production to ramp up in high volume production
- Soundknowledge level on material characterization and metrology
- Familiarwith high tech production processes, e.g. semiconductors, displays
- Working ina multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural environment is a second nature
- Preferablyhas experience in a project where activities covered all the way from (a)supplier(s) to the end user
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Broadtechnical view, ability to oversee the impact of processing details on aproduct
- Drive for manufacturabilityand robustness
- Able todrive forward the technical progress
- Can workindependently in a dynamic, explorative environment
- Stronganalytical ability with a pragmatic attitude
- Highly committedand flexible
- Robust personality
- Good communicationalskills and knowledge of English.
- Able tosee the bigger picture
- Willingnessfor occasional travel to our international offices.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.