You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Spare Parts Quality Engineer
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other job categories
Introduction to the job
Do you always want to know the real story behind everything you hear?
Do you have a suspicious mindset that always wants to verify the facts that people tell you?
Do you have a clear view on how to improve quality and the direction to take?
Than this is the right job for you. The Development and Engineering Reliability group is looking for a Parts Quality Engineer that always goes to the bottom to find out the root causes of part failures.
Together with a team of professionals you, as an Engineer, analyze, identify and drive towards the best end-to-end decisions of Replaceable Parts Definition, Reliability Growth and Root Cause Identification over the lifecycle of replaceable/service parts.
You strive for quality by using your knowledge in quality management, analytical thinking, professional network and excellent people skills.
- preventing issue re-occurrence;
- finding underlying root causes;
- identifying solutions and ensuring solution implementation;
- driving sectors to implement structural improvements;
- identifying and embedding cross sector learnings.
Role and responsibilities
As an engineer you will be responsible for the following:
Analyzing quality performance of the Replaceable Parts and execute failure analysis by using correct methodology to identify root cause of failures;
Continuously drive and embed improvements in the decision processes over the total lifecycle of replaceable/service parts to optimize the balance of costs versus availability;
Align with development project leaders which parts need improvements and secure high quality analysis and improvement actions;
Interact with internal customers like Customer Support, Supply Chain, Quality, Logistics and Manufacturing.
Education and experience
Bachelor or Master technical degree.
We are looking for people who:
- Have the mindset of finding root cause of a failure no matter what is required;
- Have at least 3 years of relevant work experience;
- Have a high focus for quality and continuous improvement, experience with problem solving techniques;
- Reliability engineering knowledge;
- Experience with statistics and/or statistical engineering;
- Have broad scope covering design aspects, qualification, manufacturing, logistics and service;
- Have a basic commercial understanding of how to deal with customers and suppliers;
- Preferably have experience with ASML products.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Result driven, find the root cause;
- Excellent quantitative and non-quantitative data and information analysis skills;
- Fluent in English;
- Good verbal skills, phrasing first time right is important;
- Self-starter, entrepreneur, showing lots of initiative;
- An agile way of working that in necessary in complex organizations;
- Being able to work under time pressure;
- Work pleasantly with people with differing backgrounds and cultures.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
with New Product Introduction and Sustaining programs to improve product Quality & Reliability, by fact-based decision making, to drive customer satisfaction.
Our areas of expertise are: FMEA, Reliability Engineering, SPC, Reliability Growth Analysis, Root Cause Analysis, Feedback Loop and Spare Parts Engineering.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.