You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Thin Membrane Analysis & Test Expert
In a nutshell
Introduction to the job
EUV lithography systems enable our customers to create next generation consumer electronics (like smartphones, tablets, etc.). For this the EUV lithography system needs a push towards an industrialized product so our customers can use it in a profitable way. A major part of this is to improve the defectivity performance of the EUV systems. As part of the Defectivity department you will work in multidisciplinary teams driving product development step by step. The holder of this position is reporting to the Pellicle & DGLm (Film) Design Group Lead.
The main function of a pellicle is to increase the defectivity performance of an EUV scanner without having negative impact on other performance parameters. The main function of DGL membrane is to improve spectral purity of the EUV beam before it hits the wafer. Both products are extremely thin membranes consisting of several layers. They are used on all EUV scanner platforms. Both the material stack composition and the way of processing of the pellicle are important to meet the product performance as defined for the various generations of membranes.
Role and responsibilities
- Develop analysis/characterization methods to measure/analyze thin membranes (EUV pellicle) films in several phases of off-line and in scanner testing
- Develops and defines off-line and in EUV scanner testing. Reporting on results and analysis
- Uses the different test and analysis results to form a picture (model) of the pellicle material change mechanisms during scanner usage
- Contribute to the selection and qualification of pellicle stack materials
- Supports the specification of the pellicle film layers for the next pellicle film generations
- Contribute to the testing and qualification of (next) pellicle film generations
- Develop next generation pellicles with a multi-disciplinary team in a fast changing environment
- Achieves results by literature search, experimental testing or supervision of external activities.
Education and experience
MSc or PhD, material science, physical chemistry/physics with affinity for thin film technology
Solid experimental and theoretical experience (6 years or more) in thearea of
- Thin-filmmaterial characterization, testing and metrology (hands on experience isa must).
- Minimal basicknowledge of Matlab and/or Python (data analysis, simple modeling)
- Thinfilm technology and materials (properties, interfaces, surface science)
- Experiencewith reliability tools (statistics, reliability tests etc) is an advantage
- Knowledge/experiencewith plasma material interaction is an advantage
- Able tobuild/understand physical/chemical models
- Has experiencein a high tech environment with focus on materials characterization and analysis
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Stronganalytical ability with a pragmatic attitude
- Candidateshould be able to work independently in a dynamic explorative environment
- Able tosee the bigger picture
- Robustpersonality is a must
- Highlycommitted and flexible
- Excellentcommunicational skills and good knowledge of English.
- Perseveranceeven technical problems getting tough
- Ability toadopt to changing requirements
- Ability tosuccessfully present detailed results to peers and conclusions tostakeholders
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.