You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Master Data Analyst - Guaranteed sign on bonus and relocation
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Introduction to the job
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
The purpose of the job is to enable up-to-date data & management information, supporting business execution processes to achieve Data Quality targets for ASML worldwide.
The Data Specialist function is part of the team MRP (Material Requirements Planning) & Master Data Management (MDM). The MRP & MDM team manages global product related data, enabling ASML to achieve high data quality leading to operational excellence by supporting time to profitability. It manages data governance boards for ASML's Manufacturing, Supply Chain Management, Finance and Procurement departments. The Data Specialist role has a global focus.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
Key Areas of Responsibility (KAR’s):
Specific Material Requirements Planning (MRP) Responsibilities:
- Be aware of, and contribute to, the worldwide MRP run schedule when applicable.
- Work with Vhv MDM team to improve our Wilton MDM MRP process through data quality pre-checks.
- Continuously improve our MRP pre-checks to insure the highest level of MRP integrity in our Wilton plants.
Specific Master Data Management (MDM) Responsibilities:
- Prepare & perform mass update & cleansing requests from relevant stakeholders.
- Create incidents on data tooling at IT & support solving them.
Generic Responsibilities, applicable for both MRP and MDM:
- Define, create & maintain MRP and data* definitions & checks.
- Create & prepare MRP and data quality reporting.
- Perform root cause analyses and define MRP and data improvement initiatives.
- Support relevant stakeholders with ad hoc requests.
- Support MRP and data improvement initiatives and projects executed by corresponding stakeholders.
- Participate in & perform actions initiated by operational MRP and Data Governance Boards. **
- Perform user acceptance testing on new released MRP and data tooling by IT & support implementing this at relevant stakeholders.
- Create & maintain work instructions & procedures.
- Validation of the Master Data Quality checks.
*Data incorporates both master, and transactional data.
** An operational MRP and Data Governance Board is a multidisciplinary team with key users across different business processes.
Key Issues Facing Your Job:
- Limited MRP and data knowledge and awareness in the business-Due to unawareness from the business, the MMDM department is sometimes not included at the right time, causing unnecessary mistakes and slowing down the validation process of the Data Specialists.
- Availability and support of IT solutions-Any system downtime leads to blocking of business process execution, lowering business efficiency, meaning that support from IT solutions is a must.
- Business does not adhere to timely and accurately maintaining data-Any delays or corrections, resulting from low business adherence, have a negative impact on the validation of MRP and data checks.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree.Or equivalent experience.
- Excellent professional communication in English.
- Experience in (master) data management and/or Excel/Access and/or SAP applications.
- Experience in material master management using the SAP MDG module is a bonus.
- Experience in one or more fields like:
- Logistics processes.
- Supply chain and financial flows within scope of department.
- Planning systems (e.g. MRP).
- Product technology.
- Database set up.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- Result driven.
- Good communication skills.
- Hands on mentality.
- Pro-active attitude, drive for improvement.
- Stress resistant.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.