You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Scrum Master DUV Projection
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Physics, Mechatronics, Optical engineering
Introduction to the job
Are you challenged by demanding projects in a multidisciplinary context? Do you have the capabilities to coach multidisciplinary teams to innovative solutions through the AGILE/scrum/SAFe way of working? Does contributing to the world’s most advanced lithography machines together with a highly motivated team make you feel responsible and proud? Then we are looking for you!
Role and responsibilities
ASML DUV development and Engineering (D&E) is looking for a talented scrum master to lead one, and possibly two teams, which contribute to the new product design and field issue resolution for the DUV Optical column (OC). You will work with multidisciplinary teams with mechanical, optical and electronic experts on the next generation optical elements and help solve challenging problems for our chip manufacturing customers. This SM role is in a non-software development environment.
On top, as an AGILE coach/master, you will contribute to the adoption and maturity of AGILE/scrum/SAFe in your team, group and department.
- Ensures delivery of solutions to achieve PI objectives committed by the team
- Ensures that risks & impediments are solved by the team or properly escalated
- Provides insights and transparency on team maturity, predictability, progress and secures quality of the value delivered
- Facilitate one or two product development teams in the optical column towards self-organization in an AGILE/scrum environment
- Coach team members towards building a high-performing team
- Get involved in the technical details and decision making
- Work in a team of Scrum masters and bring the Agile Release Train to the next level
- Play an important role in creating an inspiring climate for innovation and relentless improvement
- Be able to confront while maintaining a good relation with a hands on mentality
Education and experience
(Technical) University MSc. or similar.Certified as SAFe SSM, SAFe SASM or CSM. Preferably certified as coach.
- 2-5 years of experience leading a team in a large-scale product development environment.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies and practices is mandatory, Scaling (SAFe) experience is strongly preferred.
- Good people manager experience - coaching, motivating individuals in developing a high performing team.
- Experience managing (external) suppliers and stakeholders.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Leadership skills in line with our [email protected] Framework
- Project Management skills & commitment to drive to results
- Strong empathic skills and capability to create a collaborative team atmosphere
- Supports/ coaches the team in Agile/ Scrum values, practices and principles
- Good facilitator & communicates effectively with stakeholders (e.g. EOs, GLs, RTE)
- Can identify impediments and ensures these are solved
- Eager to learn and share ASML domain and Agile knowledge
- Can-do mentality and pragmatic approach
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Within ASML, the sector Development and Engineering is responsible for the specification, design, integration, qualification, and sustaining of all ASML products. In close co-operation with colleagues from multiple disciplines (mechatronics, optics, electronics, software), you will be part of teams who deliver the key solutions for the success of ASML.
Scrum, AGILE, Scrum Master, SAFE, Optics, Mechatronics
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.