You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
DUV Development & Engineering Group manager Illumination & Dose Control
Research & development
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Research & development
Other job categories
Introduction to the job
Working at the forefront of semiconductor manufacturing by designing integral solutions for the world’s most advanced lithography tools.
The DUV D&E (Development and Engineering) Optical Column (OC) department is responsible for the optical column, from photon generation towards a good quality aerial image which can be printed in photoresist, and is concerned with the design, development, testing, integration and qualification of the optical column performance in the TWINSCAN system. The department functionality consists of the source/laser, beam delivery, dose control, Illumination, reticle masking, projection, immersion and optical column conditioning.
Group manager of the group DUV DE OC Illumination&Dose Control. The holder of this position reports to the DUV DE OC department manager.
Role and responsibilities
As manager of the group Optical Column Illumination&Dose Control, you lead and manage a group of professionals who develop, integrate and qualify illumination and dose control for a wide selection of DUV scanners and their application products. You stimulate and facilitate the personal development of group members. Together with the function owner for FC09 (Dose Control) and FC10 (Illumination) you drive the technical development of these functions.
- Lead the group (~20 FTE) consisting of engineers, architects, scrum masters, product and epic owners. In addition, maturing the Scaled Agile Framework in the group is an important task.
- Coach and instruct the members: assign tasks, set priorities, solve problems, and monitor budgets. You help our employees to drive their own development through your coaching methods, routines, target setting and feedback.
- Contribute to the definition and implementation of departmental policy and departmental planning, including personnel, budgets, investments, resources and methods.
- Drive Scaled Agile Framework process and continuously work on improvements.
- Stimulate the product and customer mind-set of the group-members at the fore-front of the technical development.
- Responsible for the planning and allocation of human resources to the various project activities, in cooperation with departmental leaders and project management.
- Hire world-class group members to excel in project and product deliverables, particularly within the competence areas of the group.
- Support the technical roadmap process in your group.
- Stimulate studies via internships.
Education and experience
TechnicalUniversity (Master) or PhD in Applied Physics or similar.
Relevant leadership experience as senior group manager in an inter-disciplinary working environment in ASML. Knowledge of or affinity with optical modules. Experience in co-development with external partners/suppliers.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Strong personal communicator
- Excellent/proven people development skills for juniors and seniors
- Academic mindset with a pragmatic approach
- Highly motivated team player with excellent social, coordination and communication skills
- Ability to work in an international multicultural setting
- Entrepreneurship and initiative in a technically complex and very dynamic environment
- Excellent/proven stakeholder management skills
- Not afraid to build inter-continental working relations
- Relevant technical experience build up
- Experience of working in/with (scaled) agile team is a pre
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.