You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Lead Engineer with ambition for System Architect (Mechanical Constructions DUV)
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Introduction to the job
Are you eager to further develop your mechanical expertise, to be part of the state-of-the art technology innovation and multiple engineering disciplines? Do you want to work within a dedicated team to achieve breakthroughs? Do you have interest in a being a part of a high-qualified international oriented family? Are you in for developing your personal skills by being pro-active and inquisitive? You have a minimum of 8 years of experience and minimum a bachelor education? If so, then the job of Lead Engineer at ASML could be the perfect next step in your career.
Develop yourself from a lead Engineer towards an Mechanical Architect (System Engineer) with a broad scope and helicopter view in Mechanical Architecture of our systems.
Contribution to the development of a state-of-the-art, high-tech measurement system.
Challenge to meet performance specifications, quality aspects, time considerations and cost.
Come in touch with every engineering process step.
Work together in multidisciplinary teams.
Role and responsibilities
To contribute to the development of products by designing, creating and testing sub-systems within the restrictions imposed by system specifications, costs and planning considerations.
Working on the design of one or more products, creating designs with a small team of mechanical experts in project setting. Continuously improving quality of mechanical design is a main requirement.
The Lead Engineer is responsible for the design and implementation of specific mechanical functions, he/she is working together with the architect, team lead and (junior) designers, to enable reliable, stable, safe, contamination free, cost effective and easy to manufacture/service products.
- Specifies and designs modules and related parts supporting different (sub)systems.
- Is a technical leader to define the solution and coach several engineers in his team as well as managing supplier feedback.
- Is responsible to apply the correct mechanical construction principles.
- Realizes the qualification of the design by contributing to the specification of various tests.
- Designs and realizes tests and appliances and is responsible for ensuring that prototypes are built and tests are done.
- Is responsible for the technical product documentation and design implementation towards manufacturing and field service.
- Work with co-developers and external supplying parties to timely deliver to your project on site at ASML or at co-developer sites.
Education and experience
Technical University Masters in Mechanics or Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in a development and engineering organization with the realization of supporting structures and service mechanisms.
- Knowledge of machine directives.
- Excellent knowledge in the field manufacturability of mechanical parts and of designing on stiffness and strength.
- 3D CAD modeling (preferable UG/NX).
- Experience with evaluating FEM / mechanical Analysis results.
- Must have before candidates will start: Knowledge of NX, construction principles and geometric dimensioning and tolerance
- Sheet Metal design
- Knowledge of engineering, adhesion technology, static load design and high precision alignment
- Preferred: ASML way of Working experience.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Highly motivated team player with excellent social, coordination and communication skills.
- Ability to work in an international multicultural setting.
- Good knowledge of English and preferably Dutch language
- Strong analytical ability with a pragmatic attitude
- Ability to achieve alignment between multiple projects, of which some are located abroad.
- Pro-active attitude in getting the information and aligning with multiple level stakeholders
- Helicopter view. Easily can determine priorities and main risks
- Good analytical skills. Works structured
- Show ownership in not only implementing a module, but a function.
- Critical on results
- Drive for quality and improve reliability, availability, manufacturability & serviceability for new and existing ASML products and the capability to implement design improvements.
- Module integration in Sub Systems from OEM partners / co-developers.
- Flexible and open mindset, anticipating on a challenging and dynamic environment.
- Eager to drive his/her own development.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
ASML is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of Chip-making equipment. ASML is a multinational company with offices in 60 cities in 16 countries, Headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands. We employ more than 34.000 people worldwide.
Within ASML, the sector Development & Engineering (D&E) is responsible for the specification, design and engineering of the ASML products. For this sector (D&E) we are looking for a Lead Engineer in the group Mechanical Constructions DUV.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.