You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Lithography System Performance Engineer
Research & development
Chemistry & materials science
In a nutshell
Research & development
Physics, Mechanical engineering, Chemistry & materials science
Introduction to the jobAt D&E we develop, integrate and qualify EUV scanners according to customer specifications and make sure they can be delivered within time and budget.
The EUV Wafer Defectivity group is responsible for reducing particle contamination on wafers. We do so by investigating particle sources, particle release and transport mechanisms and how particles deposit on wafers. Based on this understanding and in close cooperation with HW and SW design groups we define solutions for issues, design improvements, design rules and guidelines for manufacturing, install and maintenance.
Do you enjoy using your creativity to develop a complex system, do you like solving multi-disciplinary problems, do you like teamwork, sharing your vision and interacting and working together with many different disciplines, our factory and customers? If so you will enjoy ASML – it will be a great opportunity for your professional development and personal growth.
Role and responsibilities
In multidisciplinary projects you have an expert role and perform studies to solve issues, to build up understanding and to define structural improvements for Wafer Defectivity.
The activities are executed in close cooperation with Architects, System Engineering, CS, customers and factory.
The EUV Wafer Defectivity team has to identify issues and areas of improvement by collecting and analysis of system performance data in combination with system configuration and use case information.
Goal is to create and explore proposals for developments and improvements. The challenge is to force design changes and optimizations into work packages and support their execution by the required projects.
To do so, the engineer must have, or must be able to learn, thorough system and module knowledge, knowledge of particle generation processes (tribology, materials, coatings, vacuum), particle transport processes (gas flows, inertia, electrostatics, bouncing) and particle deposition processes (adhesion, bonding). Last but not least a good dose of common sense is needed.
This combination of skills will enable you to improve system performance and solve issues and by doing so you will make a valuable contribution to our projects and customers
As an expert you:
- Define, execute and analyse tests to build up understanding of particle sources, transport and deposition. Report out and give advice on follow up
- Participate in root cause analysis and definition of containments/solutions for escalations at customer and factory
- Work on definition and validation (in Veldhoven and at customer) of design improvements and new platforms in close cooperation with HW and SW projects
Education and experience
Masters in physics, mechanical or chemical engineering.
- Min of 1 year (post education experience) to a Max. 5 years experience in multi-disciplinary projects.
- Investigation of complex, not yet fully understood issues
- Familiar with “contamination control”, preferably within ASML.
- Experience with statistical analysis is a pre
- Affinity with mechanical design / tribology is a pre
- Affinity with materials analysis is a pre.
- Experience with customer contact is a pre.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Strong analytical skills and a pragmatic attitude.
- Curious, willing to learn new things.
- Able to filter root-causes out of complex datasets, draw conclusions and explain to stakeholders
- Able to work independently in a dynamic, explorative environment, as well as in a team.
- Highly committed and flexible (sometimes working outside office hours, changing requirements and boundary conditions).
- Robust personality while being a team player is a must.
Willing to travel, several times per year (< 10%, USA, Asia, Europe).
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.