You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Export Control & Customs Classification Specialist
In a nutshell
Introduction to the job
Classification within ASML is a centralized process. The classification specialist will be part of a team of classification specialists located in 3 regions (ASML headquarters in Veldhoven, in San Diego, CA, and soon in Hwasung-Si, South Korea). The team is globally responsible for customs and export control classifications and operational transaction screening activities.
The classification team is part of the Global Enabling Services team, positioned in the Finance department of ASML. The classification specialist reports to the Global lead of the Export Control and Custom Classification team.
Role and responsibilities
- Job will be located in South Korea and the successful candidate is expected to work with limited supervision from the US
- Performing customs and export control classification
- Determining country of origin for both preferential and non-preferential purposes
- Handling Sanctioned Parties List and Legal Control screening blocks in SAP GTS
- Maintaining and improving the master classification database
- Function as the go to person in case of classification related questions from the authorities or internal stakeholders
- Assist and prepare for classification requests
- Setup and execute controls to ensure a compliant and timely classification process
- Stimulate and establish good working relationships at different levels with relevant departments within ASML (for example Development & Engineering)
- Collaborate and advise internal stakeholders on core issues of customs & export control classification and export license availability to ensure compliance
- Review the impact of new regulations related to classification
- Support the business and participate in different projects such as the implementation of a new ERP system
- Setup improvement processes (for example via robotizing)
Education and experience
- You are a licensed customs broker (KR broker exam) and/or have a minimum of 5 years relevant (technical) experience in Customs and Export Controls classification within a multinational, law firm, technology or a consulting company.
- Technical background (degree in physics or engineering) and/or knowledge and experience with SAP ECC and SAP GTS is preferred.
- You have experience working in a multidisciplinary environment and in multi-cultural teams.
- Candidates with a technical background and the ambition to learn the customs and export control classification rules and regulation, are invited to apply for this job as well.
- Fluent in English, both oral and written
- Strong drive with a hands-on, structured, accurate and result oriented working style
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to motivate and drive others, build relationships and influence other functional areas
- Able to cope with a multicultural, dynamic and changing and complex environment
- Good time management skills and able to manage towards tight deadlines
- Show ownership of issues from start to finish
- Eye for detail, proactive and capable of making decisions
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
The ASML business requires a 24/7 support in relation to classification. This full service level will be realized by the team in the Netherlands and the US, in combination with a backup call-center team to cover the out of office hours outside the NL, KR and US business hours.
The working hours of the classification specialist will be during regular business hours, but there could be some cases that require extended working hours.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.