You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Industrialization Architect Mechanical Layout for DUV and/or APPS
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Mechanical engineering, Mechanical engineering, Physics
Introduction to the job
Do you enjoy the challenges of improving the manufacturability and serviceability of complex and advanced lithography equipment? Do you have a strong vision on the industrialization and integration aspects of complex mechanical systems and are you able to bring your message across to different types of stakeholders?
Then you will successfully fulfill the position of Industrialization Architect!
Role and responsibilities
The Industrialization Architect for DUV and/or APPS contributes to the development of products by specifying, integrating and verifying the industrialization requirements for mechanical layout related functions of DUV and/or APPS NPI's (tbd, based on background and experience level of candidates). She/he is able to proactively improve proposed designs and processes based on lessons learned and data from the factory and/or our customer sites. The Industrialization Architect acts as the technical lead from an industrialization point of view, from the early design phase until the use of the system at customer site.
- Translate the overall function design into an architecture that meets these requirements of cycle time, availability and cost of goods, align these requirements with your counter parts, create and balance the budget towards the different users in the function and communicate to, and where necessary negotiation between, these users.
- Analyze and explain gaps between expected and actual performance and give direction for solutions. Maintain a lessons learned database for future design and process improvements. Document and present the current status and predicted results to projects and the wider organization.
- Create and maintain technical product documentation (e.g. EPS, EDS, pFMEA, ADR, Sequence overview, TPS) on industrialization requirements and deliverables. Oversee implementation of industrialization requirements and budgets in the conceptual and detail designs. Verify and validate the system performance based on cycle time measurements during system integration and field feedback.
Education and experience
Master degree (or Bachelor degree with experience) within Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Physics, Electrical or other similar education.
- >5 years of experience in aservice or production environment with high tech products and complex production processes
- Proven track record in relation to industrialization, serviceability or availability and specifically system reliability, diagnostics and recovery.
- Experience in analysis on (new) designs to define the critical areas with guidance for required improvements
- Experience with or affinity with DUV or APPS products.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Excellent analytical skills and “helicopter view”
- Able to influence without power and speak up
- Self-propelling and entrepreneurial attitude
- Strong communication, organizational, interpersonal and team building skills
- Perseverance in situations when confronted with push back
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
D&E and Mechanical Development
Within ASML the sector Development & Engineering (D&E) is responsible for the specification and the design of the ASML products. The cluster Mechanical Development (MDEV) is designing, building and testing mechanical systems and sub-systems which are fitted into the end products.
Industrialization & Manufacturing and Equipment Engineering
The department Industrialization drives the industrialization aspects of mechanical designs, meeting manufacturing and service requirements of ASML products during the entire life cycle.
The group Manufacturing and Equipment Engineering is responsible for the industrialization of ASML products, embedding a system’s industrial performance (cycle time, reliability, availability, and cost) into the specifications, andperforming work preparation for the system build in ASML’s factories and for the use and maintenance at customer sites.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.