You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Introduction to the job
ASML is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of lithography systems that help enable Moore’s Law and the creation of increasingly powerful and capable electronic devices. At our San Diego location we are renowned for developing both deep ultraviolet (DUV) lithography light sources and next generation extreme ultraviolet (EUV) light sources.We are a multinational company with over 70 locations in 16 countries, headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
If you have a passion for technology and innovation you’ll want to check us out. Be a part of ASML. Be a part of progress.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
The mission of Competency Engineering is to enable our field service engineers to be successful in supporting our customers. As an expert in your subsystem you will function as the technical interface between CS Local organizations and ASML Headquarters.
In this role you will be responsible for the completeness and the quality of all knowledge, tools and spare parts (Service Mix) that are required to diagnose, repair and recover ASML systems installed in a customer fab. You combine in-depth subsystem knowledge with field experience and the ability to consolidate this into worldwide best practices. Next to your CS field colleagues, you will interface with Development & Engineering (D&E), Manufacturing, System Engineering, Product Management and Supply Chain sectors.
Your awareness of the environment in which your CS field colleagues perform maintenance, enables you to identify gaps in the existing service mix and system design. You will either solve these gaps yourself (for example procedure updates) or work with other sectors to get these gaps solved (for example design changes).
Education and experience
This position requires a Bachelors' degree. Preferably in Technology, Engineering or Physics.
In the ASML product life cycle you will have the following responsibilities:
- Perform analysis of structural issues of the systems at our customers
- Evaluate new product designs for serviceability, quality, and reliability
- Identify structural improvements to the design of ASML products and estimate their impact on CS operation
- Identify structural improvements to the Service Mix and implement them globally in CS
- Validate Service Mix that is supplied with new products and functionalities by Development & Engineering while safeguarding the needs for CS Fab Teams to be able to execute maintenance independently of external support
- Create and maintain service processes and procedures
- Transfer and maintain all relevant knowledge to the CS field engineers through documentation, training and Knowledge Transfers
- Facilitate and maintain a global competence network
- Sets priorities based on an understanding of the (internal) customer’s business within one’s competency
- Provides feedback to D&E during e.g. 4 o'clock, FMEA, CDR, PDR, EPS reviews in early development phase of the project generation process covering service requirements for Mean Time to Repair and Labor Hour service actions
- Drives cross sector implementation for (potential) structural field escalations for main modules
- Performs other duties as assigned
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Minimum to 3 to 7 years of experience is required on complex systems
- Willing to travel up to 15% to the field
- Strong competence with the various tools, procedures, programming languages used to accomplish the job
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Significant strengths in one or more of the following are considered a plus: electronics; control systems; hardware; lasers; optical components and metrology; or vacuum systems
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and electronic e-mail systems
- Requires the ability to read and interpret engineering specifications, maintenance manuals and other pertinent engineering documents
- Ability to translate (internal) customer requirements into product capabilities and options within a competency e.g. (imaging / overlay / productivity / metrology)
- Ability to work independently, Requires the ability to utilize standard test equipment such as oscilloscopes, multimeters, signal generators and power meters
- Must be able to work in a complex, fast paced, highly dynamic and flexible environment, mostly team based and collaborative
- Experience within the Semiconductor marketplace or a similar field of technology a plus
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.