You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Onsite Engineering Manager
In a nutshell
Hillsboro - OR, US
Introduction to the job
ASML is a world leader in the manufacturing of advanced technology systems for the semiconductor industry. The company offers an integrated portfolio for manufacturing complex integrated circuits (also called ICs or chips).
ASML designs, develops, integrates, markets and services advanced systems used by customers – the major global semiconductor manufacturers – to create chips that power a wide array of electronic, communications and information technology products.
With every generation, the complexity of producing integrated circuits with more functionality increases. Semiconductor manufacturers need partners that provide technology and complete process solutions. ASML is committed to providing customers with leading edge technology that is production-ready at the earliest possible date. ASML technology is supported by process solutions, enabling customers to gain and sustain a competitive edge in the marketplace.
ASML’s corporate headquarters is in Veldhoven, the Netherlands. Manufacturing sites and research and development facilities are located in Connecticut, California, Taiwan and the Netherlands. Technology development centers and training facilities are located in Japan, Korea, the Netherlands, Taiwan and the United States. Overall, ASML has more than 80 locations in 16 countries.
Founded in the Netherlands in 1984, the company is publicly traded on Euronext Amsterdam and NASDAQ under the symbol ASML.
The Extreme Ultra-violet Development and Engineering (EUV D&E) Onsite team in the Performance and Integration Cluster (P&I) of ASML has a charter to accelerate system maturation by providing on-site support in the field and providing the customer context-based feedback loop on current and future systems back to the development organization.The team serves as the main point of contact for the Customer Support (CS) operational requests towards the broader D&E functional cluster community.
As group lead,you direct and manage the activities of the D&E P&I EUV D&E Onsite teams, currently consisting around ~15-20 FTEs in one of the three regional EUV sites (US, Taiwan, Korea).
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
As Group Lead of the D&E P&I EUV DE Onsite (either in US, Taiwan, or Korea), you report to the manager D&E P&IEUV DE Onsite Worldwide team , who is part of D&E Performance and Integration EUV Management Team. You will have interfaces to development partners from other D&E clusters and strongly collaborate with the CS sector.
If based out of an existing ASML D&E location, this is a 2 year Long Term Assignment (LTA) in the region of interest (Hillsboro, OR in the US, Hsinchu in Taiwan, or Hwasung in Korea).
If based in the region (Hillsboro, OR in the US, Hsinchu in Taiwan, or Hwasung in Korea), there will be a requirement to spend at least 6months - 1 year in ASML Headquarters in Veldhoven NL to on-board into ASML.
As an ASML Group Leader (GL), you are expected to optimize the performance of a truly multi-disciplined team. This requires insight into each individual’s personal strengths and weaknesses, so you can assign projects to the best-suited personalities and provide appropriate coaching for personal growth. Also, you must ensure the most efficient way of working for your group, continuously identifying and implementing structural improvements, planning and implementing new technology strategies that help ensure faster time-to-market. As on-site GL you will be the D&E representative in the field. We want you to lay foundations today that will help ensure ASML remains at the forefront of technology in the years to come.
As a member of ASML’s DE PI department you will be active at the cutting edge of physics, mechatronics, mechanics, electronics and software development.You will also have frequent contact with employees at all levels of ASML – helping to manage expectations and redirect resources as required. But most importantly, you will continuously think and act on a strategic level to ensure continuous improvements in time-to-market.
- Main responsibilities:
- Review project definitions and support project realizations
- Interface with customer and ASML Headquarters
- Build relation between D&E and operational sectors
- Define and maintain a resource roadmap
- Allocate projects and agree targets with the best-suited people
- Coach group members in their job and optimize their personal growth
Dependent on location of application (US, Taiwan, Korea)
Travelling is not a structural part of the role, however alignment with Performance and Integration teams around the world and visiting the headquarters, other locations of ASML, customers is preferred on ad-hoc base.
Education and experience
Master’s degree or PhD, background in Engineering or Physics.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Chemical, Electrical, Mechanical or other engineering, Physics, Material Science,
- Mathematics or science degree, or equivalent experience.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of industry experience in the development of complex high-tech systems.
- Minimum of 3 years of direct management, project management, or similar leadership experience in a technical field.
- Proven experience with line management, coaching skills, potential development skills, wow development. Also lithography system experience is required. Specific for this role proven experience with Customer Support and Manufacturing is appreciated.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language both written and oral
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- Flexible, pragmatic and determined.
- Independent decision maker.
- Result & goal oriented personality type.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The holder of this position reports to the Global Manager of D&E onsite. This is a 2 year LTA assignment.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.