You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Logistics & supply chain management
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Logistics & supply chain management
Introduction to the job
Fast market introduction of ASML’s newest technologies requires concurrent engineering by all disciplines. The main objective of this role is to drive the Production Planning team to ensurematerials are available as required. This requires being part of a team of ambitious production planners to have the capacity and competency to support our critical product introduction. This position will be leveraged as a primary point of contact to develop short and long term production requirements.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
- Responsible for the planning, management and adjustment of production activities so that the production plan is realized with minimum stock and work-in-progress
- Manages the logistics process of the factory by initiating warehouse requisitions, monitoring the progress and processing the administration
- Acts as trouble-shooter in the field of logistics in order to avoid disruptions to the production process
- Analysis and optimization: Ensure delivery performance of the bottle-neck work centers such that optimum use of resource and critical situations can be dealt with. Knowledge of different planning parameters (for example safety time, safety stock), so in times of changing environment the planning-method can be adjusted
- Contributes to the improvement in material control, material planning and parameters by participating in improvement projects
- Initiative and active input in improvement processes (valuable knowledge due to central position in processes by nature of the job)
- Data integrity & Parameter setting: Understand and maintain the Material-Master data and other settings and take action in case of discrepancies
- Reporting and communication: Anticipate on problems and communicate these problems with the different departments to resolve them together with these departments.
- Pro-actively plan and organize the build out structure as well as the staffing of production floor and ensure the optimal use of capacity.
- Uses outstanding leadership abilities to select, develop, inspire and evaluate teams and individuals to achieve and maintain world class performance.
- Partners with Training and Development team to identify knowledge gaps and create training material and roadmaps to increase employee skillset
- Execute coaching and (career) development of all team members.
- Organize and continuously improve an effective and efficient materials management process to ensure availability of new buy materials (from proto to release for volume, and includes implementation of automation / IT opportunities to drive efficiency) and end of life management for components or assemblies.
Education and experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and/or experience; 2 - 4 years of experience
Master’s degree a plus
- Experience in production planning and logistics processes in a high-tech environment
- Experience in process development and driving change with proven track record of identifying and removing waste from processes.
- Knowledge of analytical, continuous improvement and problem resolution tools (8D, PDCA, DMAIC, Control and Pareto Charts, etc.)
- Experience in presenting issues, status and or progress to senior management in a clear and crisp manner.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with a focus on coaching and mentoring of direct employees
- Experienced in using ERP systems; SAP is preferred.
- LEAN six sigma background is preferred.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
This position is located on-site in San Diego, CA .It requires onsite presence to attend in-person work-related events, trainings and meetings and to further ensure teamwork, collaboration and innovation. (Important to insert additional onsite language specific to the role: i.e., inspection, specific training and supervision, etc.)
A flexible workplace arrangement may be available to employees working in roles conducive to remote work (up to two days a week).
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.