You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Senior Lithography System Performance Engineer
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
If you have the strength of personality to take ownership of a problem and create a vision of how to solve it – a vision that also inspires others - then the ASML Overlay department is your ideal environment for personal development and professional growth.
ASML builds lithography systems that can place multiple layers on a chip with very high precision. The so-called overlay accuracy demand for this layer-to-layer positioning is determined by the design of the chip.
As an Overlay Specialist you contribute to the development of ASML products by testing, analyzing, qualifying and reporting overlay performance and inventing and specifying overlay improvements within the boundary of the system specifications, costs and planning considerations.
Roles & responsibilities
Your responsibilities include:
- Specify, test, and analyze overlay qualification and calibration tests and report on the results.
- Invent and design new calibration and qualification methods to improve overlay.
- Applying innovative data analysis methods
- Use statistical methods to show improvements or issues.
- Support the internal and external customers in solving overlay issues.
- Contribute to ASML’s overlay roadmap
- Steer a team of multidisciplinary designers and representatives of other sectors.
Technical University masters or PhD, in physics or similar. Experience with experimental verification of theoretical models is a must.
- Solid theoretical and/or experimental skills, supported by experience with mathematical modeling (matlab), statistics and model verification.
- Strong analytical ability with a pragmatic attitude. Helicopter view, broad scope and team-player. Good communicational skills and good knowledge of English.
- Preferable having industrial experience in a relevant area.
- Working in SAFe environment is a pro
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Initiative taking
- Team spirit.
- Strong analytical ability with a pragmatic and pro-active attitude.
- Good communicational skills and good command of the English language.
Context of the position
Within ASML the sector Development & Engineering is responsible for the specification and the design of the ASML products. The Overlay department is responsible for development, delivery, integration and qualification of functional modules & machine/customer applications on spec, within time and budget w.r.t. Overlay. You will be working in a multidisciplinary project team, in a dynamic and high-tech environment.
Other informationNeed to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.
Keywords: overlay, physics, natuurkunde, matlab, modelleren, modeling, test, data analysis, methodology, project management