You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Technical Project Manager - Guaranteed sign on bonus and relocation
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Introduction to the job
Join ASML Wilton today to receive your sign on bonus and relocation.
*Offer valid for Wilton, CT new hire offers made between now and December 23, 2022.
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
ASML, a market leader in the semiconductor lithography equipment, is looking to fill the role of Senior Project Leader within the Wafer Alignment Sensor Department in Wilton. Candidate will be responsible for project management, execution, and reporting for the development and delivery of large, highly complex, optical module systems.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
- Lead multi-disciplined, development team of over 25FTE to ensure in-spec, on time, delivery.
- Align and interface frequently with several projects in the US and in the Netherlands.
- Create detailed project plan including resource and material requirements.
- Define deliverables for mechanical, electrical, software, mechatronic, and industrial engineers.
- Align with cross-sectors on regular basis to ensure on time delivery.
- Communicate upward and downward on regular basis.
- Actively engage with Department Managers and Group Leads to secure necessary resources.
- Understand proper escalation paths and acts accordingly.
- Delegate tasks and follow up.
- Manage system interdependencies.
- Understand how your system links to the total machine.
- Properly manage impact of changes of your system to whole machine.
- Relevant knowledge in one discipline (mono or multi).
- Manage risks and customer requirements.
- Is able to assess and address technical risk based on input of architects and design engineers.
- Is able to understand operational risks within own scope.
Education and experience
- B.S. Engineering minimum, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years in a project leadership role preferred but not required.
- Minimum 8 years of Engineering experience in a optics/optical modules intensive environment preferred but not required.
- Previous experience within the semiconductor industry or precision engineering field preferred but not required.
- Proven success in project or task management.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- Good planning and analytical skills, ability to lead multifunctional teams.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, required.
- Able to “lead”, not just, “manage” a team.
- Takes initiative.
- Clear decision maker.
- Shows strong ownership and commitment.
- Ability to multitask and make quick priority calls on a daily basis.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- A challenging opportunity to expand your knowledge in a wide variety of engineering application areas and to work on problems spanning all technical fields.
- Highly creative and qualified teams with a diversity of experience.
- Great career opportunities at a quickly growing high-tech company.
- World class technical problems to solve.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.