You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Technical Project Manager
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Introduction to the job
Join ASML Wilton today to receive your sign on bonus and relocation.
*Offer valid for Wilton, CT new hire offers made between now and December 23, 2022.
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers-the world’s leading chipmakers-to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
As an IBL (Install Base) Project Lead in YieldStar Sensor group, you are responsible for the leading a multi-function Design and development team of about 15FTE to support ASML factory and customers with current YS product production and field performance issues. Your role is to organization, structure and planning of functional, optical, mechanical, electrical and software activities to support issue identification, short term containment and long term solution. The role also require strong cross sectors cooperation and alignments. You pro-actively drive the current product move rate and field support with short term solution and long term structural solutions working withmulti-disciplinary team of engineers, co-developers and suppliers and cross-sector stakeholders and participate in reviewing root cause investigations and proposed fixes and solutions on all phases of production and customer use of our YS metrology tools. criteria through project completion.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
Key components of this position are:
- Create a work breakdown structure and translate this into a transparent plan utilizing Microsoft Project.
- Maintain deliverables’ plan according to the triple constraints of timing, resources and scope.
- Regular progress reporting and presentations to stakeholders, including management teams.
- Coordinate the deliverables from projects, driving performance, availability, cost and timing.
- Ensure cross discipline dependencies are identified, planned and executed.
- Manage resources in a team of ~15 and take operational responsibility within projects.
- Identify bottlenecks and/or improvement opportunities within the team/project.
- Manage and steer co-developers, aligning them with your work breakdown and plan.
- Assess technical risk and create mitigation plans.
- Ensure project deliverables meet customer expectation and solve issues in a structural way.
Education and experience
- Degree in Engineering, Applied Physics or Mathematics, or equivalent experience.
- Bachelor's with minimum 5 years’ experience. Master's with minimum 1 years’ experience.
- At least 1 year of experience in leading a small to medium sized team.
- Overseeing multiple concurrent activities is required.
- Strong English communication skills-both written and oral.
- PMP certification is a plus.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
This position is located on-site in Wilton, CT. It requires onsite presence to attend in-person work-related events, trainings and meetings and to further ensure teamwork, collaboration and innovation.
- A flexible workplace arrangement may be available to employees working in roles conducive to remote work (up to two days a week).
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.