You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Buyer - Guaranteed sign on bonus and relocation
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Introduction to the job
Join ASML Wilton today to receive your sign on bonus and relocation.
*Offer valid for Wilton, CT new hire offers made between now and December 23, 2022.
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers-the world’s leading chipmakers-to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
Coordinates purchasing activities to acquire inventory in a cost effective and timely manner. Acquires and maintains technical understanding of products purchased. Issues purchase orders for material and/or services and ensures on time delivery from suppliers with acceptable quality. Analyzes and executes MRP planned supply messages to maximize the use of reclaimed material supply while minimizing new material expenditures for these components. Aligns with AP to resolve supplier invoice and payment issues. Coordinates with Warehouse personnel to correct receiving discrepancies. Monitors the cost, schedule and scope of assigned subcontracts to assure highest quality at best value. May recommend cost saving proposals alternative sourcing and vendor evaluation criteria. Supports Sourcing Leads on strategic supplier accounts.
Reviews and analyzes purchase requisitions. Coordinates purchasing activities with manufacturing, planning and engineering departments to acquire inventory in a cost effective and timely manner. Processes purchase requisitions, purchase orders, purchase order changes, repair orders and requests for quotes to suppliers. Responsible for procurement business system data input and integrity. Participates in maximizing the procurement teams' changes, part parameters; quote table maintenance, supplier database information, error report analysis, and part number/supplier code information.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
- Communicates and or negotiates with suppliers regarding forecasts, engineering change notices, schedule changes, discrepant material issues, and delivery schedules.
- Attains quotes, considers bids, and makes awards.
- Supports Strategic Sourcing Leads on Supplier accounts.
- Launches purchase orders to satisfy the manufacturing demand when reclaim supply is not sufficient to meet material requirements.
- Adheres to ASML’s inventory model.
- Collaborates with manager on various projects such as cost target planning, supplier qualification and assessment, out-sourcing sub-assemblies, inventory model planning, and resulting execution to plan.
- Keeps in mind cost reductions and cost targets of assigned materials.
- Creates and maintains accurate and up to date master data.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree is required (Business or Supply Chain Management preferred) or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience using Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems such as SAP.
- A solid understanding of principles, techniques, and industry standards.
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SAP, Ariba and electronic e-mail systems.
- General proficiency with tools, systems, and procedures required to accomplish the job. May need to consult with higher level staff members on some technical issues.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.