You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Product Owner - D&E Production Control
In a nutshell
Introduction to the job
ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers – to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics.
Role and responsibilities
As part of the machine control Production Control agile release train and part of the Production Control group you will support the development of software solutions that are instrumental to our lithographic machines.
As product owner you will be involved with all stages of the software development process to support the development team together with the scrum master and lead designer to meet the team commitments.
As product owner you are an integral part of the project management structure in ASML. You manage internal (inside the agile release train) and external stakeholders.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- End2end ownership of team deliverables; the team is responsible for the delivery
- Balances ASML priorities at team level: (system) function roadmap, program deliverables, architecture, factory and field feedback
- Creates long term plan incl. estimate to completion for your team and aligns it with project leads
- Manages (multidisciplinary) team deliverables, risks, dependencies (in- and outside the ART), x-sector deliverables, co-developers and suppliers (delivery, time, cost), stakeholders and escalations
- Manages triple constraint and escalate when needed to the appropriate stakeholder(s)
- Communicates and sets the priorities of the team backlog and ensure the scrum team understands why it is important for ASML
- Cooperates with the Scrum Master and Lead designer to drive the team towards results and identify team improvements
- Teams up with other (Chief) Product Owners to align on priorities of the Agile Release Train (ART) and team backlog
- Slices the work into smaller valuable pieces in close collaboration with the team
- Prepares the team backlog for the upcoming sprint and ensures its properly prioritized for the next iteration
- Quality product wise (acceptance as customer); facilitates the evaluation and acceptance of the sprint deliverables
- Works with the Chief Product Owner to understand priorities for the next Program Increment (PI), prepares the team backlog for - PI planning and breaks down the larger work items into small ones
- Ensures that backlog items have requirements, acceptance criteria and ensures that the team understands them
Education and experience
Bachelor or Master level with an education in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Minimum 3 years of Experience in products / applications within the semi-conductor industry
- Proven track record of Leadership / Managerial Skills
- Preferable prior experience as a formal Product Owner in an agile environment
- Pre is experience with software Development in a large Agile Delivery Organization
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Strong communicator
- Strong in influencing and inspiring people, and leading in change
- Act as an entrepreneur
- Be able to maintain a helicopter view
- Willingness to take responsibility
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work.
ASML does not accept unsolicited resumes from any agencies that have not signed a mutual service agreement. All unsolicited resumes will be considered ASML’s property, and ASML will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. This includes resumes submitted directly to hiring managers without contacting the Resource Center Department.
ASML is GDPR compliant, therefore we cannot process applications sent outside of our recruitment system.
If you are interested in this vacancy please apply.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.