You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Technical Project Lead
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Mechanical engineering, Electrical engineering
Introduction to the job
ASML US, LP brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ, San Jose, CA and San Diego, CA.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
We have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Project Lead in San Diego, Ca. The sector, Customer Support (CS), is responsible for the requirements input, preparation for introduction, the implementation, and profitable maintenance of ASML systems on customer locations.Within CS the New Product Introduction (NPI) department the Technical Project Lead drives competencies and sectors to complete deliverables needed for the introduction of new technologies and methods into the ASML worldwide service organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs technical and non-technical project management activities at the Cluster/Project level for the development, introduction, and improvements of Semi-conductor manufacturing equipment into the field.
- Manages changes within the ASML Customer Support Organization on Extreme Ultra Violet (EUV) light sources.
- Represents Customer Support organization within the Functional Cluster Team(s) or Project(s) collaborating with cross-sector team members in support of the product development, improving the maturity of our technology/product, and establishing service capability of the EUV light source used in ASML’s scanners.
- Reports to the CS NPI Director and leads team members in matrix environment and takes ownership of and is responsible for the creation new product introduction plans and improvements on specific product or sub-system of the product.
- Leads multiple projects within the Cluster and operate independently depending on project assignments in alignment with the Development Program Priorities and CS Sector business needs.
- Supports the EUV source a sub-system of the ASML EUV Scanner with technology sub-systems broken out into Functional Clusters. The EUV source is a complex and cutting edge technology being adopted by the customer base (chipmakers).
- Resources will drive introduction preparation and execution of activities and deliverables to achieve CS readiness for high volume production of wafer at customer sites.
- Lead projects through ASML processes alongside the development team to achieve success at the customer sites.
- Coordinates cross-functional team meetings consisting of Training, Global Support, Upgrade Execution, Service Engineering, and the remote Customer Sites Managers/Team to achieve ASML’s business goals.
- Covers broad scope projects touching on variety of technologies from electro-mechanical hardware, vacuum systems, software, automation, algorithms, physics, and other complex engineering disciplines.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering Disciplines; preferred (Mechanical, Controls,Electrical Engineering or Physics Degrees).
- At least 2 years of relevant, work related Project Management experience.
- At least 5 years of relevant work related experienced in a technology based industry relevant work experience.
- Experience with product development phases and validation and field readiness deliverables.
- Experience working alongside a technical team and influencing technical solutions.
- Experience leading teams and participating as team member in a matrix organization, managing non-direct reports.
- Experienced with using applications supporting communication and planning.
- Proven stakeholder management capabilities. Ability to prioritize and escalate.
- PCCSTRAIM/8D methodology, issue resolution methodology, FMEA (Failure Mode and Effects Analysis), and product quality measurements.
- Able to evaluate data and make conclusions, and strong problem solving skills.
- Able review technical documents and enrich quality of engineering documentation.
- Interfacing with high level management internally and with customers.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.