You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
CS Competence Engineer
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Optical engineering, Physics, Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
Are you challenged by providing the best service solutions on complex systems? Do you have good analytical skills, complemented with a technical background? We are looking for people like you to join our Optics and F&T - Expert group.
Role and responsibilities
Context of the job
This vacancy is within the Optics and F&T (Flow & Temperature) - Expert Group, part of the TOM (Top, Optics and Metro) cluster of the Customer Support (CS) DUV Engineering department. The mission of the department is to deliver the perfect service solutions for the ASML scanners & products, improve the effectiveness of our Maintenance, Install and Relocations operations in the field while reducing the costs.
The competence engineer will be responsible for the illumination and projection modules of ASML machines, used for shaping and conditioning the DUV light for optimal exposure conditions, and will report to the group lead.
You will function as the technical interface between CS Local organizations all around the world and ASML Headquarters.
You enable global collaboration to secure the CS long term ambitions. As a CS competence engineer, you are responsible for the completeness and quality of service solutions which are required to diagnose, repair, recover and upgrade ASML DUV systems installed in our customers’ fabs worldwide. CS engineers in the field recognize you as the technical expert who they can contact for questions and follow-up of structural issues and solutions rollout.
Next to your CS field colleagues, you will partner with the ASML’s key sectors Development & Engineering (D&E), Manufacturing and Supply Chain, using your in-depth technical knowledge and actual field experience to deliver the end-user feedback to improvement projects in Veldhoven, identify gaps in our services and drive solutions.
This requires you to use your engineering skills to do an in-depth analysis of structural issues, identify possible improvements and quantify the impact on operational targets to help set the right priorities on what to solve and what not.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Build & maintain technical expertise for your competence area (i.e. Illumination, Reticle Masking and Dose Control);
- Validate and support roll-out of solutions to the Field;
- Handshake and validate Service Mix of new products and functionalities delivered by D&E to enable independent operation by CS Field organization;
- Transfer and maintain all relevant knowledge to the CS field engineers in the form of documentation, training and Knowledge Transfer;
- Facilitate and maintain a global competence network;
- Participate in projects across departments to enable future CS roadmaps and act as subject matter expert;
- Bring Voice of Customer towards central teams in Veldhoven and Wilton (USA);
- Work together with CS DUV ENG Architect Interface team on:
- In-depth analysis of structural issues from installed base of machines at customers.
- Quantification of the impact of structural issues on the operational targets.
- Definition of solutions for the Field organization on a technical level.
Education and experience
- University (B.Sc./M.Sc.) in Optics, Opto-mechanics, physics or relevant engineering discipline.
- At least 3 years of working experience. More working experience is a welcome plus.
- In-depth knowledge of properties of light and optics.
- Illumination Hardware hands-on and offline diagnostic skills.
- Semiconductor industry, and Cleanroom Fab, experience is preferred.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- To be flexible but result driven. To enjoy a rapidly changing environment in which constant prioritization of tasks is key.
- To enjoy working with various stakeholders both worldwide and cross competencies.
- Pro-active attitude and taking initiative.
- Analytical skills.
- To have a passion for learning and sharing knowledge.
- Team player with excellent communication skills in a multicultural work environment.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time (post-COVID).
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.