You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Other job categories
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other job categories, Other job categories
Introduction to the job
Are you keen to take up a new challenge in a global fast growing company? Are you looking for a next step in your career and would enjoy enabling ASML business to achieve its objectives while being in control?
We are looking for you!
We are looking for you: A professional who makes the difference because it’s in your nature to standardize, simplify and automate to ensure E2E business processes are in control.
At ASML we constantly have to ensure that our people, processes and information enable us to realize our growth and meet our ambitious business objectives. Especially in an exciting era of automation, digitalization, robotics and data mining, enabling ASML’s future growth and its success.
Recently ASML has launched its transformation towards Global Enabling Services (GES) to deliver world-class transactional & operational support services organized around End to End (E2E) processes. Finance and IT are the first movers soon expected to be followed by other services. Within Finance we have established the E2E cycles, Record to Report, Invoice to Pay, Market to Cash and Employee Financial Services.
To realize our ambition we are looking for a Financial Specialist to strengthen our Financial Services General team responsible for the Opex and Capex accounting including its related processes. As Financial Specialist, you will bring hands-on and pragmatic expertise and know how to ensure the right accounting and drive continuous process improvements as well support the transition to our future ERP system.
It is a challenging position in a dynamic and international oriented environment. You support the team in its transformation to deliver world class end to end Record-To-Report process that ensures (external) compliance and supports management accounting for (better) decision making.
Role and responsibilities
Together with the team you are responsible to:
- Ensure appropriate accounting (USGAAP, IFRS & local statutory),
- Drive improvement initiatives related to Record to Report processes and reports,
- Drive compliancy and perform internal (SOx) control activities,
- Perform accounting assessments
- Be key user for Opex and Capex processes and systems.
What makes this role interesting
- Be part of a highly motivated team that has a relentless focus on process optimization and automation.
- Face demanding challenges and enjoy the freedom to put together creative solutions.
- You interact with all layers in a demanding and busy technology driven organization
Position in the organization
The Financial Specialist – Financial Services General Accounting is part of Financial Services Europe within Global Enabling Services. Financial Services is responsible for the ASML wide E2E accounting processes, supporting the business and providing management reporting as well as ensuring external compliance. The Financial Specialist - Financial Services General Accounting, reports to the Manager Financial Services General accounting. He/she interacts with various departments and layers in and outside of finance.
Education & Experience
You have at least 6-8 years relevant experience in finance or accounting preferably in a financial control or auditing environment.
In addition, you have the following qualifications:
- A Master’s degree in Finance, Economics or Accounting supplemented with being a Chartered Accountant (CPA/RA) or Controller (RC).
- Experience in working in an international, multinational environment.
- Knowledge and experience with US GAAP and IFRS.
- Expert user in Microsoft Excel and experience in SAP.
- Affinity with BI and RPA tools especially Spotfire and UI Path (preferred but not required).
- Experience in process mapping and redesign including internal control set-up.
Result oriented, team player, with excellent analytical skills, critical thinking, proactive and communicative personality who can connect with all layers in a demanding and very busy technology organization. Other important skills are:
- Multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural understanding
- Committed and flexible (go the extra mile)
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Has integrity and is compliance-minded
- Strives for continuous improvement.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance. Location: Veldhoven, Netherlands.
Interested in this position? Please apply with your CV and a cover letter explaining your motivation for this role.