You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Simulation Analyst for Wafer Tables
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Introduction to the job
The Wafer Tables are crucial to make lithography happen against the ever demanding specs on overlay, focus, and throughput while ensuring high availability.
If you are curious about understanding what drives customer performance in our scanner and the role that the Wafer Table, a complex piece of hardware that touches the customer wafers, plays in it, then a job as a Simulation Analyst for Wafer tables in our group could be a perfect match!
Role and responsibilities
You are part of a team of analysts working on developing, qualifying, monitoring, analyzing and improving the Wafer Tables and their interactions with wafers to meet the system specifications and operational requirements.
As a Simulation Analyst, you are responsible for enabling the design and understanding its impact on performance of these critical modules.
Your main responsibilities will vary at the different phases of development and will mainly be to:
* Use and develop simulation models
* Write, execute and analyze performance qualification tests in-house.
* Monitor, analyze and explore field performance data,collect learnings, lead or support root cause investigations.
* Connect with the architects and the project teams tolearn how hardware operates and the ongoingchallenges.
* Help maintain and grow our MATLAB toolboxes whenneeded.
Education and experience
* Masters or PhD in Mechanical Engineering; or Physics or Mechatronics with mechanical background.
* Solid theoretical and experimental experience in the field of mechanical engineering.
* Good COMSOL and/or ANSYS knowledge as main simulation software used in the group
* Good MATLAB knowledge as main data analysis software used in the group
* Experience in Statistics/reliability is a plus
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
* Highly proactive and collaborative, self-propelling andcomfortable with challenging our technical leadership.
* Excellent (English) communication skills both verbaland written.
* Strong analytical ability combined with a pragmatic attitudeto ensure progress against limited data
* Strong drive for quality.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Within ASML, the sector Development & Engineering (D&E) is responsible for the specification and the design of the ASML lithography systems. The cluster Mechanical Development is designing, building and analyzing mechanical systems and sub-systems which are fitted into the end products. The group Wafer Tables and Clamps Analysis is responsible for general (mechanical) analysis of the Wafer Tables and Clamps. The Analyst reports to the Group Leader as well as the Project leader.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.