You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Chief Product Owner Low-Code platform (Mendix)
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
Computer science & software engineering
Introduction to the job
ASML IT works in SAFe Agile way. For the Application Platforms & Development Agile Release Train (ART) we are looking for a Chief Product Owner (CPO). The CPO is a key-role in the Corporate Platforms teams within Enterprise IT Solution Delivery. The CPO is on one hand bridging the demand of the business for Application Platforms & Development Services. Together with the Systems Architect and Release Train Engineer, the CPO is responsible for the delivery of the IT activities as agreed upon contract with IT Service Providers.
Role and responsibilities
The IT – Chief Product Owner (CPO) is responsible for the overall vision, roadmap and program backlog of the Application Platforms & Development Agile Release Train (ART) within the ASML Corporate Platforms portfolio.
Application Platforms & Development ART is responsible of providing platform capability around build, test & release to the entire ASML organization by leveraging standard set of tools and best practices on low-code (utilizing Mendix), automated testing, performance testing, test management and enablement (test) and CICD (release). The CPO is part of the leading coalition of the ART.
The Application Platforms & Development ART CPO is working within the IT department of ASML, under Corporate Platforms department and reporting to the IT Group Lead. The APD ART CPO is closely working together with Release Train Engineers, Chief Product Owners of other Release Trains, Delivery Managers, Service Managers, IT Directors and business stakeholders.
Responsibilities of the CPO
- Defines the vision of the Application Platforms & Development ART and ensures the Product Owners understand the higher level vision to make sure that individual Product/Team Backlogs contribute to overall ART objectives;
- Together with the Product Owners (PO), details out the ART Roadmap with detailed focus on the next 2 quarters and an overall planning horizon of 6 quarters (planning and forecasting);
- Continuously dives the execution and value creation towards the 4 Product Teams in the ART:
- Testing – delivering a common suite of test tooling, automation and enablement towards whole of IT;
- CICD – delivering automated pipelines for our own software development, and to other ARTS with focus on speed, quality and less manual effort;
- Mendix platform – the central team managing the low-code platform Mendix for ASML, delivering building blocks (e.g. designs, security, LCM) and enablement to other teams;
- Mendix App Development – full dev/ops team doing Mendix app development and operations for those teams who don’t have the knowledge to do this themselves.
- Manages the wide group of stakeholders of the Agile Release Train within ASML, Business Owners and Epic Owners;
- Acts a the internal sales person for the services towards the rest of ASML, to further grow the usage of the platforms.
Education and experience
- 7+ years of experience in relevant business and/or IT roles and at least 4 years of experience product ownership / product management (of equivalent) on senior level;
- Thorough understanding and practical experience with:
- Proven experience of IT service strategy;
- Understanding of Low-code (Mendix preferred), Testing and CICD platforms;
- Content of contracts, master service agreements, governance schedules, price schedules, terms and conditions;
- Experience as a (Chief) Product Owner in a system team is preferred;
- SAFE/Agile skills / certification(s).
- Familiarity with transformation from non-agile ways of working to agile ways of working for OPS teams;
- Bachelor+ level or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance. An assessment will be part of the recruitment process.
ASML does not accept unsolicited resumes from any agencies that have not signed a mutual service agreement. All unsolicited resumes will be considered ASML’s property, and ASML will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. This includes resumes submitted directly to hiring managers without contacting the Resource Center Department.
ASML is GDPR compliant, therefore we cannot process applications sent outside of our recruitment system.
If you are interested in this vacancy please apply.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.