You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Spotfire (BI) developer
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other job categories
Introduction to the job
Want to be part of progress? To design, develop and improve business IT applications in a dynamic international environment? If you want to be part of a high performing team with a focus on structural improvements, we invite you to read the job description below and let us know if you are the person we are looking for.
Innovation is the lifeline for ASML. Up-to-date insight in the status of the development projects is crucial to achieve the required innovations. The IT-applications that support the project management process are currently being revitalized to meet ASML’s growth and ambitions. As a BI developer you support and further improve the applications. The applications are developed in-house. The end user community is spread globally.
Role and responsibilities
You will be part of a multi-disciplinary team that is currently making the shift to a DevOps approach.Based on user requirements new functionalities are being prioritized, specified and implemented. You will implement the new functionalities in close cooperation with the user community. You will also support the (key-)users in the day-to-day use of the applications and you deliver 2nd/3rd line technical support. Operational support and maintenance tasks will be approximately 20% of your time, but will fluctuate dependent on the required level of support, division of the tasks within the team and the number/size of demands for improvements.
You are based in Veldhoven (Netherlands) being part of the PMO M&M Process & Tooling team. In your function you work closely together with your DevOps colleagues, but also with the key-users of the Project Management Office (supporting the project management community) and have regular contact with end-users. You also work closely together with the IT department; e.g. fixing technical incidents, authorizations, monitoring, maintenance and upgrades.
Education and experience
- Bachelor with background in IT (or equivalent based on work experience / proven affinity with IT).
- >5 years work experience
- BI Software (preferably Tibco Spotfire)
- Experienced in MySQL (+ Oracle is a pre):
- Setting up MySQL databases; structure / data modelling / interfaces
- Building MySQL queries
- Monitoring and optimizing database / interfaces / data loads
- Good knowledge of technical set up / tuning (actual technical installation and settings are done by IT department).
- VBA – Visual Basic for Applications
- Sharepoint (is a pre)
- Agile / DevOps
- Implementing interfaces with other systems like SAP
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems. To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Strong user-orientation and communication skills
- Pro-active attitude, go-get mentality
- Analytical, troubleshooting skills
- Structured, able to clearly define, prioritize and plan your own tasks
- Commitment to deliver quality (first time right) and on-time
- Motivated and enthusiastic team player, supporting your colleagues
- Keen to learn and further develop your expertise
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Interested in this position? Please apply with cv and cover letter.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.