You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Field Engineer - based in Paris, France (French speaking)
In a nutshell
Electrical engineering, Mechatronics, Mechanical engineering
Introduction to the job
Do you like to solve complex technical issues and would you like to work in a challenging customer faced environment? If that’s a YES then you might be the highly skilled engineer who can join our team at ASML France!
To make sure that you will be able to support our customers, we first start with a 3 month training program in Taiwan or South-Korea where you get the opportunity to learn everything about our DUV technology. After this training period you are ready to support our customers in Paris with your knowledge about the DUV technology. New challenges occur every day and in this position you will install, maintain, troubleshoot and upgrade our DUV equipment.
The video below helps you to learn more about ASML and the advanced systems we produce:
Role and responsibilities
The mission of the team at ASML France is to deliver the best technical support at the customer site. To join this team, you have to have a strong motivation to work at ASML, work with our DUV technology and to deliver the best technical support for our customers.
Our field service engineers have the following missions:
- Diagnose, analyze and solve complex technical problems;
- Ensure preventive and curative maintenance of our DUV equipment;
- Implement 'software' and 'hardware' updates;
- Efficiently escalate the most difficult problems to our technical experts;
- Develop a solid relationship with the client: technical assistance, advice and training;
- Collaborate on various projects within the team and the company;
- Join a qualitative approach.
What do you think? Does this already sound like the position you see yourself work in?
Education and experience
We believe that we have to give every engineer the chance to work with our technology and therefore we have minimal requirements regarding your educational background and experience:
- Bachelor or Master in a technical field: mechanical-, mechatronics-, electrical-, electronics-, robotics- or aerospace engineering;
- Experience in an industrial environment will be highly appreciated;
- Knowledge of the microelectronics environment is a plus.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Analytical skills;
- Problem-solving skills
- Strong communicational skills;
- Ability to work effectively in a team;
- Dynamic, proactive, autonomous and a great motivation to acquire new knowledge;
- Fluent in French and in English (B2).
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
To make sure that you can thrive in this position, we created an attractive package of benefits for you:
- A permanent contract;
- Motivating salary;
- A company car;
- ASML profit sharing;
- Extensive training to learn everything about our technology in Taiwan or South-Korea;
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.