You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
ELECTRONICS DESIGN ENGINEER LASER LIGHT GENERATION EUV
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Introduction to the job
Are you challenged by the engineering of (digital) electronics, connectivity and layout solutions in high-tech products? And do you have excellent communication skills, combined with a high level of discipline and design experience? We might be looking for you!
As an Electronics Designer you are defining, realizing, qualifying, managing and maintaining various embedded electronic concepts and products for both existing and new ASML products. Furthermore you contribute on defining the next generation of these products in close cooperation with the electronics architect.
The concepts and products we mainly focus on are modules, racks, cabinets, cables, PCBA and visualizing this into schematics.
Role and responsibilities
The Electronics designer is responsible for the following:
- Design, document and maintain analog / digital designs, electrical modules, software interface definitions and infrastructure.
- Act as the Electronic Development representative, interacting intensively in a multidisciplinary design team.
- Act as a technical leader and be able to manage the outsourcing of development activities at co-developers.
- Perform trade-off studies to determine the preferred implementation scenario for new or changed functions. Get agreement with stakeholders.
- Make work breakdown and effort estimation for the various designs, adjusted with other stakeholders.
- Guarantee design quality and compliance by knowledge, experience and usage of reviewing and risk reducing tools.
- Contribute to the roadmap concerning the electronics within the ASML products.
- Transfer knowledge to production- and service-engineers.
- Contribute to analysis and solution of reliability issues.
- Contribute to planning efforts for the various electronics products.
- Act as a technical coach for other team members.
Education and experience
- Bachelor degree or higher in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or equivalent.
- >5 years of experience in the design of digital electrical & electronic modules, design of racks, cabinets, PCBA and cables.
- Broad technical knowledge of electronics with interest in physics, mechanics, mechatronics and software.
- Experience with working in multidisciplinary design teams to establish agreement on specifications.
- Experience with ASML standards and Ways of Workings is highly appreciated, either as a former ASML employee or contractor.
- Technical knowledge of Programmable Logic, analog, digital design and description of related software interfaces.
- Experience with hands on lab measurement equipment.
- Experience with scripting languages is a plus e.g. Python, C++, C#...
- Familiar with SAFe - Agile wow is a plus.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Highly motivated, pro-active and good communication skills.
- Quality focus, structured with eye for details.
- Strong hands-on and pragmatic attitude with an analytical view.
- Able to work both independently as in a team in a dynamic exploitative environment.
- Fluent English in word and in writing.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
The sector Development & Engineering (D&E) of ASML is responsible for the specification, design and realization of the products in the ASML portfolio. Within the sector D&E the cluster Electronic Development (EDEV) is responsible for the definition, realization, qualification and integration of electronic functions and modules within these products.
Within EDEV EUV the group Laser Light Generation (LLG) is responsible for the definition, realization, qualification and integration of electronic functions needed for the drive laser. The Electronics design Engineer reports to the EDEV EUV LLGP Group Manager or delegated Team Leader.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.