You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Department Manager D&E Yieldstar Applications
Research & development
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Research & development
Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
Does contributing to the world’s most advanced lithography company make you feel responsible and proud? Do you want to work in a challenging environment with highly motivated and skilled teams? Do you want to contribute by taking the lead and steer Development & Engineering of On Product Applications within the Business Line Applications? If so, then this might be the perfect role for you!
Our mission is to develop, deliver, integrate and qualify metrology applications both after development (ADI) and after etch (AEI), being developed in close cooperation with semi-conductor customers in a multi-disciplinary setting.
At the BL Applications we develop Analytics & Control solutions that improve the accuracy of performance metrics (such as overlay, focus and critical dimension) as measured on the end product of a fab process (wafers with chip structures). We use advanced mathematics and physics to keep fueling the semiconductor and electronic revolution. We produce metrology tools and advanced software applications to analyze and optimize the performance of the customer production process.
ASML’s corporate headquarters is in Veldhoven, the Netherlands. Manufacturing sites and research and development facilities are located in Connecticut, California, Taiwan and the Netherlands. Technology development centers and training facilities are located in Japan, Korea, the Netherlands, Taiwan and the United States. Overall, ASML has more than 80 locations in 16 countries.
Role and responsibilities
As a Department Manager Yieldstar Applications you will drive the development of new applications and translate the application-specific needs to metrology hardware and software product requirements.
This job requires more than only excellent leadership skills; you also need to be passionate about coaching people to bring innovation and development to the next level together.
Position in the organization
As Department Manager you will report to the D&E manager of the Applications Cluster which is part of the BL Applications. You have a team of approx. 10 direct reports. The Yieldstar Applications department has a total headcount of around 160 FTE.
You will have interfaces to other departments in and outside Applications. In addition, you will have interfaces to development partners, customers and suppliers outside of ASML.
As a member of the PWD staff of the D&E Applications Cluster, you will manage one of the departments responsible for the System Function Applications. You pro-actively drive the development work in your department and participate in definition, concept selection through problem solving. Above all, you will use your leadership and teamwork skills to solve problems and optimize team performance at the benefit of the product portfolio and – quality, taking End-2-End ownership.
- You contribute to the strategy and business plan and execution thereof for the Cluster and translate to annual operational plan for own department, contribute to the success of the Cluster by taking ownership beyond the scope of own department. Define departmental roadmap, based on technical developments and ASML product roadmap;
- Ensure the implementation of the annual plan, manage the activities in the department, taking into account applicable guidelines and procedures. Drive the development of the Yieldstar Applications department to meet the long term capacity and capability needs;
- Hire, lead, coach and appraise employees and develop (cooperation between) employees of the assigned department, utilizing the relevant HR instruments, service and procedures;
- Manage CAPEX and OPEX according to budget and monitor financial performance versus plans and budgets;
- Ensure projects are feasible (decide on trade-offs between impact and resource requirements, review project plans, technical content and budgets and assess quality and capacity of suppliers); monitor that projects are delivered as planned (shared ownership of project deliverables with Program);
- Define an optimum organization structure for the Yieldstar Applications department so that resources are optimally utilized and communication can take place in an efficient manner;
- DM’s will supervise GL’s on staffing, prioritization and execution;
- Monitor all relevant internal and external developments with regard to the own discipline/competence and initiate new ways of working to optimize processes in order to continuously improve effectiveness and efficiency of processes.
- Drive and improve quality standards.
- Review IP from competitors related to relevant function and asses new IP submissions in order to protect ASML from competitor attacks and increase ASMLs patent portfolio.
Education and experience
A Master(/PhD) in preferably Physics, Electronics or Mathematics.
- At least 10 years of experience in developing, integrating and testing complex multi-disciplinary (SW) products.
- At least 3 years of experience in leading a department with multiple groups with highly qualified experts.
- Affinity with managing integral business processes in fast growing and dynamic business environments, driving innovation.
- Experience in Agile software development is considered a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to perform in high-pressure environments.
- Proven track record in building and maintaining professional relationships with stakeholders at all levels of the organization, both internal as well as external.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Ability to work in an international multicultural setting;
- Ability to work both independently and in team settings.
- Ability to provide technical direction, motivate and convince a team of professional designers;
- Highly motivated team player with excellent social and communication skills;
- Eminent presentation and coordination skills;
- Self-starter, goal oriented, high-level of professionalism;
- Strong mentoring, coaching and inter-personal skills;
- Solution minded, precise and practical.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
In this role travel is limited although you might be requested to travel to customers, design partners or other development locations of ASML.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.