You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Design Automation Tool Engineer
Research & development
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Research & development
Mechanical engineering, Mechatronics, Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
ASML’s Development and Engineering (D&E) sector is responsible for the specification, design and integration of the ASML machines. Within D&E, the Machine Conditioning (MC) cluster is specialized in flow and thermal domains.
The MC OCD Competence Center is responsible for four technical competences: Fluid Lay-out and Infrastructure Design, High Pressure Systems, Dangerous Gasses and MC Pre-install. In addition, it’s also responsible to deliver and maintain design automation tools.
Role and responsibilities
Our mission is to increase efficiency and effectiveness in the Machine Conditioning Business Line-dedicated departments. We do this by driving commonality within the MC cluster at technical competence and automation levels.
As competence engineer you will be the technical expert for design automation and responsible for the integration of knowledge from the technical competences therein. Understand and translate technical knowledge into algorithms and program these into the design tools.
Also provide technical support and training to designers in the use of this tool. In addition, you will drive the roadmap for further automation development.
Your responsibilities as competence engineer Design Automation will be the following:
- Develop and maintain the automation tools, including creation and maintenance of plugins, functionality testing, implementation of design rule checks etc.
- Drive the roadmap for further technical and functionality developments and contribute to the long term vision
- Give inputs to project teams and other stakeholders of the automation team and extend the feedback loop
- Align with technical competences on the implementation of the competence and/or legal requirements and design rules
- Actively share information with the design community, via training, by answering questions, and providing technical support.
- Support the roll-out of the automation tool within the programs and create general awareness for the whole D&E sector
Education and experience
Bachelor or Masters in Engineering Studies with experience Designing and Automation background
We have multiple opportunities across different experience levels.
Medior: 5+ years relevant experience
Senior: 8+ years relevant experience
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Must have: Experience with P&ID (Piping & Instrumentation Diagram) creation
- Ability to guide and coach other team members/designers
- Good communication (English) skills in technical and managerial interactions
- Comfortable to take initiative to reach difficult goals
- Experience with fluid systems (preferably within ASML) is a plus
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.