You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Product Owner Analytics Tooling - OMAT
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
Introduction to the job
You’ll be part of a world class, market leader organization for the high-tech lithography, metrology and software solutions in the semiconductor industry. We are a global company with 70 offices spanning 16 different countries.
You will be part of the Data, Analytics & Tooling department. Within that department we will setup a new group focusing on Analytics Tooling. OMAT is an ASML application that assists customers and service engineers in analyzing complex data which is collected in the semiconductor manufacturing process. The application can correlate large amounts of data from a variety of systems, collected over time. These systems are located in large semiconductor manufacturing factories (‘fabs’) with an inventory of equipment that has a total value of billions of Euros.
The data are mostly related to ASML’s wafer processing equipment (scanners) and help us to improve key KPIs of our equipment and analyze process issues. OMAT provides functionality that is trusted by both customers and ASML engineers. It has hundreds of users worldwide.
Role and responsibilities
As Product Owner (PO) you will work with the scrum team to deliver items that create the most value for ASML.
Our Product Owners are the key figures between the ASML internal- and external customers and the development teams. They determine the priority on the team’s backlog together with their stakeholders and ensure the agile team understands why items on the backlog are important for ASML and how it fits in the bigger picture.
Key responsibilities are:
• End-2-end ownership of team deliverables;
• Manage (multidisciplinary) team deliverables, risks, dependencies (in- and outside the team), stakeholders and escalations;
• Communicate and set priorities of the team backlog and ensure the team understands why their contribution is important for ASML;
• Challenges the team to come with alternative solutions when needed;
• Team up with other (Chief) Product Owners to align on priorities and objectives of the team as well as the team backlog;
• Works with the Chief Product Owner to understand priorities for the next Program Increment (PI), prepares the team backlog for PI planning and breaks down the larger work items into small ones;
• Cooperate with the Scrum Master to drive the team towards results and identify team improvements;
• Slice the work into smaller valuable pieces in close collaboration with the team;
• Prepare the team backlog for the upcoming iteration and ensure its properly prioritized for the next iteration;
• Ensure that backlog items have requirements, acceptance criteria and ensures that the team understands them;
• Ensure focus of the team on PI deliverables and keeps the team from getting distracted;
• Challenge the team in view of the Agile key performance indicators towards greater efficiency;
• Chairs the team demo
Education and experience
University degree in a relevant field of study, preferably related to software engineering.
• 8+years of work experience of which at least 3-4 years in a Product Owner role in an Agile a high-tech, multidisciplinary environment;
• Proven track record of Leadership / Managerial Skills within an Agile environment;
• Proven prior experience as a Product Owner in a scaled agile environment (SAFe);
• Experience with high tech engineering in a large Agile delivery organization is required;
• Experience in leading software teams
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
• You act as the voice of the customer and communicates why deliverables are important;
• You have a strong intrinsic motivation and interest to understand the multidisciplinary domains
• You have strong stakeholder management skills;
• You have a Minimal Viable Product mindset and focus on achieving results as part of an Agile team;
• You like to challenge the status quo while never losing sight of the team goal and product direction
• You are strong in influencing and inspiring people, and leading in change;
• You are able to maintain a helicopter view
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
These positions require access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access U.S. controlled technology.
ASML does not accept unsolicited resumes from any agencies that have not signed a mutual service agreement. All unsolicited resumes will be considered ASML’s property, and ASML will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. This includes resumes submitted directly to hiring managers without contacting the Resource Center Department. ASML is GDPR compliant, therefore we cannot process applications sent outside of our recruitment system. If you are interested in this vacancy please apply.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.