You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
D&E EUV Projection NXE –Architect Optics
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Physics, Optical engineering
Introduction to the job
ASML is relentlessly driving the semiconductor industry’s ongoing quest for producing faster, smarter and more energy efficient chips. We are a young, dynamic, international and highly skilled workforce creating, with strong support of our suppliers, the lithographic tools the industry needs to achieve its goals.
Are you looking for a challenge to specify, design, test, integrate and troubleshoot a state-of-the-art optical module? Then you will enjoy this position in the EUV optical column projection team. You will be part of the EUV projection group responsible to transfer and de-magnify the reticle image onto the wafer in the EUV scanners by means of advanced optical manipulations and corrections.
As optics architect in the EUV Projection group you will be responsible for the specification, design, integration, qualification and troubleshooting of the optical performance in the projection modules in the EUV scanners. You will work in a fast paced and multi-disciplinary environment as part of a project team.
Besides the technical aspects of the design also has aspects related to costs, reliability, availability and serviceability. Your responsibility is to take ownership of the technical scope of a project and drive the deliverables towards completion. This includes documentation, specification, qualification & integration as well as supporting and setting direction in issue handling and supporting customer specific requests. In order to fulfill this role, you need to align with the multi-disciplinary teams in the project on technical aspects, scope, planning and progress. Also, you need to collaborate with different competences and sectors (systems engineering, marketing and customer support) within ASML. Using your technical knowledge, analytical thinking and people skills, you will work closely together with the project team and interfacing projects and sectors.
Role and responsibilities
You will lead a multi-disciplinary project team on technical aspects to develop complex optical projection modules. You will influence the work content and interfaces (directly/indirectly) up to 100 employees.
The job consists of:
• Define the scope, architecture and functional requirements of the optical projection module based on the high level system and module requirements.
• Technically lead the project team in the product development, define the functional architecture and set direction for the various solutions in the EUV projection modules.
• Translating the performance requirements into technical designs supported by multi-disciplinary specifications as input for detailed designs.
• Aligning the requirements and specifications with various sectors such as system engineering, program management, factory and customer support.
• Lead, coach, develop and appraise employees within the person’s expertise / team.
• Build a relationship and closely work together with our main development partners and suppliers.
• Contribute to troubleshoot and solving issues, escalations and customer specific requests. This involves analyzing data, connecting the results to physical phenomena such as lens heating, mirror vibrations, etc., and steer towards the proper solution directions.
Education and experienceMSc or PhD in engineering or physics with knowledge of optical systems.
Minimum of 10 year experience with development of complex optical modules in a multi-disciplinary environment is needed. Experience with thermal conditioning, optics lifetime and mathematical optimization techniques is preferred.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
• Decisive technical leader who creates high impact on strategic decisions
• Ability to translate performance specifications into technical solutions for an optical module.
• Affinity with working a multidisciplinary environment related to complex systems.
• Affinity with metrology, mechatronic, mechanical, electronic and software disciplines.
• Ability to think on a functional level and in design details.
• Excellent communicational skills.
• Ability to switch between complex matters and high-level conclusions, ability to convey these in an understandable fashion.
• Team player with ability to build network towards other parts of the ASML organization and towards suppliers.
• Self-propelling, showing initiative and drive, pragmatic attitude.
• Flexible, result driven and committed.
• Strong analytical skills and drive for quality.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Within ASML, the Sector Development and Engineering (D&E) is responsible for the planning, development, and delivery of integrated solutions that meet business requirements. This responsibility also includes the specification of trade-offs across sectors.
The department DE EUV Optical Column is responsible for delivery of the projection, illumination, dose control, and EUV light collection functions for the EUV machines. The department develops technical solutions, means and methods and competences to ensure these deliveries in all the different product phases.
The holder of this position is reporting to the ED EUV DE OC Projection NXE Group Leader.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.