You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Other job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Other job categories
Introduction to the job
ASML US, including its affiliates and subsidiaries, bring together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
Leads Cymer Lightsource Planning department, including Master Scheduling and Production Planning for work centers such as Lasers, Chambers, Optics, Solid State Pulse Power Modules and reclaim/teardown, to achieve material availability, revenue and inventory goals.
Role and responsibilities
- Drives and models a culture of learning, continuous improvement, and commitment to high quality.
- Lead, coach, mentor and manage a team of planners to drive improvements in the planning process.
- Maintain and build a great team through employee development and recruitment.
- Provides input to Manufacturing strategy and executes delivering on commitments.
- Meets production output goals, on-time spares supply, inventory targets, target stocking level replenishment and cycle time.
- Leads the day-to-day operations of planning professionals planning many laser models and spare parts and provides high-level direction and support.
- Reviews and oversees loading of demand for all laser systems, spares, upgrades, new products and field change orders into MRP system to meet customer and company goals.
- Develops, directs, and coordinates planning and scheduling activities, and ensures materials requirements for
- Manufacturing are met.
- Develops action plans to address material shortages, backlogs, and other potential schedule interruptions.
- Works with NPI teams to establish production schedules and capacity requirements and ensure materials are provided according to schedule.
- Ensures reclaimed material targets are met to material supply and achieve cost goals.
- Plans and administers procedures and budgets.
- Responsible for establishing metrics and reporting status to the overall organization. Analyzes problems, determines approach, and implements process and system improvements utilizing Lean methods.
- Responsible for the monitoring of Production Schedules, Raw Material, WIP, and Finished Goods for financial tracking purposes and in support of company goals.
- Developsvision of, establishes strategy to, and promotes use of business processesas an integral part of the job.
- Establishes linear production schedule.
- Develops and positions contingency plans for quick response to production demand changes.
Education and experience
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in related field.
- 7+ years working in planning-oriented role in amanufacturing environment.
- 5+ years in a leadership/management role.
- MRP/ERP systems experience essential; Oracleexperience preferred.
- Significant experience with new productintroduction.
- Previous experience developing andmonitoring budgets for a functional area.
- APICS CPIM strongly preferred.
- SixSigma Green belt-Black beltpreferred
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Excellentwritten and verbal communication skills.
- Ability totranslate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problemsthrough written and/or graphical formats.
- Excellentcustomer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customerrelationship building.
- Excellent ability to lead and workcross-functionally across multiple departments on complex planningchallenges and projects.
- Ability touse MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and electronic e-mail systems.
- Strong/expertknowledge in the following areas: Data analysis, Inventory Models capacity planning, production flowmodeling, procurement methodologies, Statistical Process Control,financial planning, lean manufacturing, and Quality Assurance.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
- This position is located on-site in San Diego, CA .It requires onsite presence to attend in-person work-related events, trainings and meetings and to further ensure teamwork, collaboration and innovation. (Important to insert additional onsite language specific to the role: i.e., inspection, specific training and supervision, etc.)
- A flexible workplace arrangement may be available to employees working in roles conducive to remote work (up to two days a week).
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel (specify domestic and/or international) dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.