You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
System Industrialisation Engineer (ME)
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Physics, Mechatronics, Mechanical engineering
Introduction to the job
Are you looking for a real engineering challenge? Are you looking for a job that will test your engineering, organizational, and communication skills in a dynamic, demanding, high-tech manufacturing environment? Could you consider yourself a customer advocate in the design and delivery process for precision lithography equipment? If so, you should consider a position as Manufacturing and Equipment Engineer in the ASML EUV.
As Manufacturing and Equipment Engineer, your mission is to optimize the reliability, availability, serviceability, and cycle time of precision manufacturing equipment as it moves from the early development phase to operations at international customer sites. You make sure that the all work instructions, diagnostics, tools, trainings and spare parts are available for the manufacturing and customer-support operational sectors.
Role and responsibilities
The Manufacturing and Equipment Engineer has the following responsibilities in the ASML product life cycle
- Advocate for the customer’s interests in the product design phase and make sure the operational requirements are implemented in the design.
- Analyse global product performance and define requirements for design improvement.
- Review technical documentation including design reviews, and Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA) documents created by the multidisciplinary development team.
- Create work instructions and diagnostic documents to ensure a smooth product implementation for both the factory and the field organization.
- Transfer knowledge from development to operational sectors and to local service organizations.
- Develop cost-effective spare parts and tooling.
- Act as a subject matter expert in analysis of complex problems.
- Minimize operational costs for volume products.
- Provide hands-on support for field and factory installation and maintenance.
- Follow and evaluate structural improvements and feedback as implemented by the development team.
Education and experience
Bachelor or master’s degree in Physics, Mechatronics, Mechanical Engineering or similar technical education.
2-5 Years of experience in an international high-tech manufacturing environment.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Ability to pro-actively drive deliverables that meet internal and external customer requirements.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and team-building skills.
- Commitment to consistent quality standards for customer service and a flexible attitude are keys to this role.
- Willingness to travel (~10%).
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
ASML’s Machine Conditioning Cluster is one of the hardware cluster within the Development and Engineering sector of ASML. This cluster develops, delivers, integrates and qualifies functional modules and parts of ASML’s lithography tools that control temperature and gas conditioning.
Manufacturing and Equipment Engineering provides the people, means, methods, and technical capabilities to introduce new products and to improve existing product to the factory and to the customer site. The engineer improves reliability, availability, cycle time and manufacturability of ASML products based on according agreed specification. These specifications include operational requirements, co-design of new products, integration, validation, and introduction of new products and processes, as well as continuous improvement of volume equipment. The holder of this position will report to the group lead.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.