You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Senior Compensation and Benefits Specialist
Other job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Other job categories
Introduction to the job
As a Senior Benefits Specialist on the Compensation and Benefits team you will provide support to our employees, helping them understand our extensive benefit offerings. Serving as an expert resource to our People Services team providing guidance on complex benefits and leave questions. You will work with our broker and vendor partners to ensure our employees are getting excellent service, that our plans are operating efficiently, and implementing new programs to achieve our goal of attracting and retaining a talented workforce.
Role and responsibilities
As a Senior Benefits Specialist at ASML, you will be responsible for assisting with the administration and management of all benefits and retirement programs. Each day will offer a variety of tasks across key focus areas including but not limited to:
- US benefit programs including group health and welfare, life, disability, FSA/HSA, digital point solutions, and 401(k) retirement program.
- Serve at Subject Matter Expert(SME) for People Services team in all matters on benefits, responding to tier 2 support tickets, escalating to appropriate vendors or Benefits Committee as needed.
- Manage online benefits portal, including vendor management, leading configuration requirements and testing for open enrollment and upgrades, ensuring vendors resolve file interface errors in a timely manner.
- Serve as a SME for the People Services team in all matters of leave of absence, responding to tier 2 support tickets, escalating to our leave TPA as needed. Responsible for policy updates and implementation as regulations change.
- Coordinate quarterly Benefits Committee meetings, including scheduling, agenda creation, gathering presentations from vendors and recording meeting minutes.
- Manage annual benefits audits, non-discrimination testing, ACA reporting, and other benefits plan compliance needs.
- Manage benefits PO process, including monthly benefits billing and reconciliation of vendor invoices by our TPA.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Communications, Business or related field, or related field or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience including ERISA/DOL/IRS compliance as it relates to employee benefit plans and Affordable Care Act regulations.
- Strong experience in US health and welfare programs including US Leave of Absence regulations (FMLA, CFRA, PDL, PFL, etc.)
- Excellent customer service skills focused on developing and cultivating lasting relationships with employees, HR partners, managers, and vendors.
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills, including experience presenting benefits to employees through recordings, webinars, in person and Q&A sessions.
- Experience with online benefits portals including file feeds, maintenance, set up and testing for open enrollment and new programs.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills, ensuring resolution of escalations with a focus on customer service.
- Demonstrated skill in collecting and analyzing data, evaluating information and systems, and drawing logical conclusions.
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Intermediate Excel skills, ability to proficiently use MS Word, Outlook PowerPoint and Adobe Pro.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
- This position may be require to travel to US locations for open enrollment meetings, offsite team meetings, and conferences several times per year.
- This position is located on-site in either San Diego, CA, Hillsboro, OR, or Chandler, AZ.It requires onsite presence to attend in-person work-related events, trainings and meetings and to further ensure teamwork, collaboration and innovation.
- A flexible workplace arrangement is available to employees working in this role with remote work up to two days a week.
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel (specify domestic and/or international) dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.