You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Senior Imaging Control / Patterning Engineer
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Physics, Mathematics, Optical engineering
Introduction to the job
Are you inspired to contribute improving today’s chip manufacturing yield? Are you challenged by demanding projects in a multidisciplinary context? Do you have the capabilities and the drive to provide effective solutions to complex technical problems under challenging time constraints? Are you able to manage the gap between patterning performance on wafer and what is needed for our customers to achieve high device yield?
Working at ASML as a Sr. Engineer Patterning/Imaging Control is about being part of a dynamic, fast-paced community, facing unprecedented challenges at the forefront of technology together. You will find an open environment, offering countless possibilities to take charge of your career, to be inspired and to have fun!
Role and responsibilities
Job Mission: As a Patterning/Imaging Control Engineer you will be a key player in developing applications to make the wafer pattern performance meet our customer’s demands. You will be responsible for predicting, trouble-shooting and optimizing the patterning performance on actual product wafers.
To meet customer’s demands, ASML develops control applications that optimize wafer performance by tuning scanner and other knobs. To do this successfully we need to be able to characterize the pattern variation and to link this to possible tuning knobs. The better we can control the pattern fidelity, the better the performance of our customer’s chips are.
You will develop expertise in how manufacturing processes influence patterning performance with focus on Litho Imaging and Etch. Furthermore, it is important to understand how modeling and measurement artefacts may influence your data and your conclusions. You will learn to understand why and how patterning performance affects device performance.
You are expected to create test plans and DOEs, carry out data analyses, report results and draw conclusions. Interfacing with other projects, marketing, customer support and IMEC and other customers, is part of the job.
In this role you will be:
- Analyzing semiconductor manufacturing data, including partitioning into relevant performance contributors via root cause and sensitivity analysis with statistical methods.
- Creating re-usable tooling in development languages such as Matlab, Python and Julia.
- Translating technical and functional questions into an efficient design of experiment.
- Understanding semiconductor manufacturing and measurement
- Simulating lithography performance and device or layer manufacturing process flows using dedicated software programs.
- Understanding semiconductor design rules and their application
- Coach Junior engineers in the team;
- Provide technical direction and interact with multiple stakeholders.
Education and experience
Solid technical background (MSc in physics, computer science, electrical engineering, nano technology or related field). This is a position for people who have +/- 5 years relevant technical work experience.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Strong pragmatic attitude with an analytical view.
- Self-propelling with a lot of initiative and drive. Able to initiate, influence, steer.
- Team player, responsible and reliable.
- Able to distinguish main matters from side issues. Able to develop a vision.
- Excellent communicator. Knows how to convey complex topics in an understandable fashion.
- Convincing. Speaks up. Able to convey a vision.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.