You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Design Engineer Calibration, Performance and Diagnostics
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering, Optical engineering, Mechatronics
Introduction to the job
Would you like to understand and improve a complex high power laser system? Do you have a creative way of thinking and do you like to be challenged technically and personally in a dynamic environment? If so then you will enjoy working in our EUV Source Laser department! It’s a great opportunity for professional development and personal growth.
As a design engineer automation you are, from a technical perspective, involved in the work of a multidisciplinary product development team (physics, automation, software and industrialization) that designs and improves calibration, performance and diagnostics (CPD) tests for the source laser modules in the EUV Source. Make it operator friendly, stable and reliable, achieve sort time to market and rapid update cycles when needed. In this process you will be involved in creation of CPDs for new systems, as well as formulating improvement proposals for existing platforms. During these activities, you will be cooperating with other disciplines and sectors. It is expected that you will participate in discussing design aspects, analyzing system problems and opportunities, and defining and documenting the work. Finally you get the chance and you are encouraged to integrate with the dynamic and diverse ASML community: you will interact daily with 4,000 like-minded professionals.
Role and responsibilities
· You participate in the multidisciplinary team that works on the source laser.
· You work productively with both junior and senior subject matter experts.
· Define solution directions for main challenges related to the source laser.
· Implement system requirements in modules within the source laser, and make sure the design process is followed.
· Contribute to a long term vision and an automation roadmap.
· Execute and document tests and investigations according to ASML guidelines. · Give inputs to interfacing projects and other stakeholders of the team.
Education and experience
~5 year industry experience in multi-disciplinary development preferably within ASML; knowledge of the EUV source (laser) is preferred.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
· Ability to create overview and understand the operation principle of the complex optical system.
· Well-disciplined in all aspects of the design process.
· Drive decisions, while staying aligned in a complex stakeholder field; comfortable to take initiative to reach difficult goals.
· Good analytical skills and capable of bringing together complex work.
· A strong focus on structural improvement and quality.
· Good (English) communication skills in technical and managerial interactions.
· Creative, Pragmatic, self-propelling and can-do mentality.
· Team player, amplifies/makes effective use of the creativity and problem solving power in the team.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.