You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Platform System Engineer YieldStar Metrology
Research & development
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Research & development
Physics, Mechanical engineering, Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
Would you like to be part of System Engineering department, being responsible for defining and driving the content of Business Line Applications Metrology Products? Then this Platform System Engineer position on YieldStar Metrology might be the right job opportunity for you!
Role and responsibilities
The Platform System Engineer YieldStar Metrology is expected to define and drive the technical content of YieldStar Metrology systems, supporting the Business Line Applications metrology product roadmap and success in the competitive and customer-oriented process window detection and control market.
- Define the YieldStar Metrology system design specifications (SDS) as driven by overlay and focus metrology, productivity and industrialization needs.
- Create content proposals given Product Management’s product requirements (PRS) and the System Engineering system performance specifications (SPS) for metrology products.
- Define and steer the execution of metrology-related studies in the Apps Technology Program.
- Define and align functional and performance requirements and design and test specifications for YieldStarmetrology systems with D&E architects.
- Monitor, guide and give direction to the D&E architect team during YieldStar metrology product development and roll-out.
- Signal architecture misalignment and organize/prepare (4’o clock) meetings to set direction.
- Guide CS and D&E in resolving field issues, and translate field learning into corrective and preventive measures in product design and implementation.
- Represent the YieldStar Product System Engineer in various meetings.
- Contribute to the technology roadmap for optical metrology, and actively align the roadmap with cross-sector and cross-BL stakeholders.
Education and experience
Academic level (Master or PhD) in Mechanical Engineering, Physics or other technical areas with proven working experience in a complex technical environment.
- Minimum 5 years of ASML experience, focused on development of products; preferably, experience with metrology or scanner HW systems and/or application products.
- Good understanding of the customer device architectures, patterning flows and their requirements towards ASML metrology and process control products; previous Customer Fab experience is a pre.
- Experience with optics, illumination and/or mechatronics systems is a strong pre.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
- Strong customer focus, with clear desire to align technical proposals and validate the product with customers
- Organizes and drives effective cooperation in multidisciplinary (HW and SW) architect teams and gives direction from functional and performance requirements perspective
- Demonstrates clear communication to own project team and its stakeholders
- Motivates and convinces without using formal authority
- Sets and handles priorities effectively and negotiates conflicts in the team
- Feels responsible to take initiative in complex situations
- Drives towards effective issue resolution and decision making
- Remains effective when confronted with time pressure, resistance and set-backs.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Context of the position
This position is available within the APP Metrology and Data Group, System Engineering department. The System Engineering department is responsible for the integral specification and design of ASML’s products. Also it supports the implementation process to ensure that it is brought to a successful conclusion. The team members of the department define the architecture for the system and the decomposition into functions and subsystems. They manage the consistency and trade-off of requirements and design solutions at system level and specify the resulting performance and functional requirements of the subsystems.
The APP Metrology and Data Group is focused on development of YieldStar and In-Device Metrology tools and their applications as well as the Digital Platform that supports ASML data analytics applications related to equipment and process control.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.