You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Technical Project Leader – Model Based Diagnostics
Research & development
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Research & development
Data science, Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
The advanced ASML lithography systems are a key component in the manufacturing of almost all advanced memory and logic devices. These systems require the interoperability of multiple components, leading to complex interactions across multiple functions and domains. In the case of performance degradation or failure, diagnosing such systems requires expert knowledge with understanding and insights of the component behavior and interactions. To facilitate the diagnostics and aid the engineers at problem solving, we are exploring and developing novel data-driven methods relying on model- based diagnostics, knowledge representation and reasoning.
Are you challenged by demanding end-to-end research projects in a multidisciplinary context? Do you have the leadership skills and technical capabilities reach innovative solutions? Does contributing to the world’s most advanced lithography machines makes you feel responsible and proud? Then this might be the right opportunity for you.
Role and responsibilities
We are looking for a Technical minded (Project) Leader with proven experience across system modeling, simulations and Data Science to pave the path of Model Based Diagnostics research. The research will focus on investigating novel diagnostics strategies based on the system knowledge representation. The research will take place in collaboration with other research teams, external research Institutes, ASML D&E and Customer Support departments. Driving the content while managing multiple stakeholders in aligning and bringing a common vision to life is a driving force of this challenge.
This position is in the ASML Research Diagnostics and Data Science group, with key focus on the data-driven competences as well as the diagnostics application. We work in a collaborative manner across projects and with other R&D Groups in ASML and Academia. This challenge requires setting a solid content foundation and in close interaction across the Data Science, Knowledge representation and project partner teams drive solutions from core research to innovative diagnostics applications.
Education and experience
PhD / Post-Doctoral in Mathematics, Physics, Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning or logic.
M.Sc. in for instance Data Science, Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Physics or Electrical Engineering
- 4+ years' experience in applied R&D in the field of system modeling or related fields.
- 4+ years' experience in applying this type of technologies, preferably in a high-tech context or environment.
- Ability to communicate complex technical and mathematical concepts in a clear and precise manner.
- Strong affinity in machine-learning and statistical methodologies.
- Experience with leading and motivating a research team.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Experience in complex problem solving, preferably in the modeling and data-driven domains.
- You manage your stakeholder network, build sharp requirements for the team, break down the challenges and deliver on the team commitments.
- You coordinate dependencies with other teams in ASML that work on diagnostics and data-analysis. You invest in an academic network, define and support academic research projects in this field.
- You are enthusiastic, solution-oriented creative thinker and intrinsically motivated.
- You are able to work, communicate and influence across functional teams from adjacent domains.
- You have experience with defining and monitoring research projects on academic institutes.
- You are self-propelling and can define the research direction.
- You have a high personal ambition and drive, commitment to team and company.
- You have good & proactive communication skills in an international and multidisciplinary environment.
- You are willing to acquire lithography and other relevant domain knowledge, required to understand the application domain of your research.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
This position is embedded in the Diagnostics and Data Science Group in ASML research, where in collaboration with academic and industrial partners, we are developing innovative approaches to improve the diagnostics of our systems, by finding ways to model the system and develop novel (model-based) diagnostics capable of supporting engineers in identifying and preventing such failures.
You will be a member of the Data-Science Research team. You will interact with your peer data scientists and experts from other disciplines and build relations with relevant academic research institutes.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. §730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.