You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Proto Engineer Weekend Shift
Research & development
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Research & development
Other technical job categories, Mechanical engineering, Physics
Introduction to the job
If you’re reading this, you just might be the Critical and Proactive engineer we are looking for to contribute to successful integration of our extreme ultra-violet (EUV) lithography machines. These machines come into our department in the middle of the design phase where we need to develop them into a mature product. They are installed and operated globally where they serve as essential tools for Integrated Circuit production.
Within ASML, the sector Development & Engineering is responsible for the specification, design and qualification of all the ASML products. In this sector, the department System Integration and their employees have the mission to define, control and execute the integration of the various subsystems into a complete product. Within this department the Proto engineering groups operate and maintain systems which are used to integrate and qualify all D&E project deliverables. The proto engineer works together with his machine integration team and relevant designer stakeholders to review and execute the defined test plans to meet our qualification standards.
Role and responsibilities
As a Proto Engineer you have the unique position within ASML to operate and service a complete EUV lithography system as a generalist. You will gain and maintain the required competence to deliver data, find & analyze issues in an efficient and effective way to support qualification of the ASML EUV lithography system configuration, in order to have a predictable manufacturing, install and maintenance of systems. You will achieve this by having overall machine knowledge, knowing the system configuration and understanding the technical content of tests that are prepared and executed on a system. You will do this in a co-operative environment where the engineers are stimulated to actively develop themselves and the department.
You are going to be happy in this team and with your job if you:
- Are interested in a multitude of technical disciplines and want to put theory into practice.
- Enjoy finding technical issues in a complex system.
- Like to interact with stakeholders from different departments with goals that do not always align with each other.
- Want to cooperate with professionals that are content driven but casually interact on a personal level.
- Are willing to occasionally work at customer sites globally. This opportunity is optional.
You are responsible for:
- Ensuring a safe working environment and work according to 5S+1 principles.
- Solving or containing system issues.
- Writing technical diagnostic reports to support structural solutions in the system configuration.
- Maintaining an up-to-date system configuration in hard- & software.
- Ensuring efficient and effective integration activities on our machines, by: Reviewing, preparing and executing test plans; Providing generalist technical support to module experts; Involving content or project experts in case problems cannot be solved by yourself.
As a proto engineer you have the most direct interface with design projects amongst the hands-on engineering roles within ASML. You are expected to provide feedback on test, module and process design. The Proto engineer is essentially the developer’s and management’s hands and eyes for integrating modules into a system.
Education and experience
Bachelor / Master level – Technical preferably in the direction of Mechatronics, applied Physics or Automotive.
Other than a technical education, the following experiences are considered preferential.
- Findingissues, providing feedback to designer and applying solutions on complexsystems.
- Maintenance of industrial equipment.
- Product test design, execution and analysis.
- Integrating subparts into a complete machine.
- Work experience as a test or design engineer.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Resilience: You become stronger from hardships and transform challenge into opportunity.
- Self-development: You exploit every opportunity to become a better person.
- Result driven: You work towards clear goals and deliver agreed quality.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Our vision for the weekend team is to develop newly hired colleagues into competent professionals who are able to transfer to a different position within ASML, which suits their identified interests and hence can add even more value. Hence, we are mainly looking for engineers with a strong motivation for temporarily (!) working in the weekend shift. We would therefore like to ask you to provide a cover letter with your application that describes, among other things, your motivation for this position.
As a weekend proto engineer, you have a specific shift roster: office hours on Friday and weekly alternating shifts on Saturday and Sunday.
- Early shift: 6.00- 14.30 hour
- Late shift: 13.30 - 22.00 hour
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.