You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Field Service Engineer (Cymer) - Based in Dresden, Germany
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Electrical engineering, Mechanical engineering, Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
The Cymer Field Service Engineer provides onsite field service support through the performance of installations, upgrades, repairs, and maintenance of complex capital laser equipment and systems. As a Field Service Engineer youtroubleshoot either to resolve issues directly or through referring advanced issues to technical support resources. You act as a customer service advocate, instructing customers in the operation and maintenance of the system.
Role and responsibilities
- Analyzes, diagnoses, and troubleshoots Cymer equipment problems via telephone or at customer site;
- Performs installation, repair, retrofits, upgrades and preventive maintenance on Cymer equipment installed at customer sites;
- Regularly provides assistance, guidance, leadership, and technical assistance to junior or less experienced field service engineers. May serve as site leader for customer;
- Maintains and manages an assigned installation equipment base. This includes providing primary support, forecasting, conducting customer support meetings, and ensuring regular communication with the customer;
- Conducts equipment troubleshooting, analysis, and debugging in support of installation or operating activities;
- Travels as required for the purposes of performing service activities at customer sites or backfilling for other Cymer Field Service Engineers;
- Completes service, expense reports, and other administrative responsibilities in accordance with Cymer’s procedures and with supervisor’s approval;
- Uses company technical documentation and provides feedback for improvement.
Education and experience
- You have a Bachelor’s degree with a technical emphasis (Electronics, Optics, Mechatronics, Physics);
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience is preferred, of which a minimum of one (1) years’ experience in optics, laser, and/or semiconductor manufacturing equipment;
- Laser and vacuum experience preferred.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Excellent English written and verbal communications skills;
- Ability to analyze data and report problems, to complete accurate, comprehensive service reports, and to communicate technical issues to other technical staff;
- Ability to collect, translate, and analyze data and take action based on effectively report problems though written and/or graphical representation of data (detailed Post-Mortem Chronological Abstracts, trending analysis, failure statistics, etc.);
- Excellent customer service skills, with a solid foundation in and an understanding of the importance of relationship building;
- Ability to apply knowledge of installation, maintenance/repair, and troubleshooting at both the module and system level, while seeking expertise of more senior field service engineers where required;
- Ability to read and analyze opto-mechanical and electronic schematics. Strong competence with the various tools, procedures, programming languages used to accomplish the job;
- Advanced level of technical knowledge of electronics.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Expect a dynamic and enthusiastic working environment, where flexibility, drive and initiatives are highly valued. Work is currently performed in 5 x 8 work schedule, though flexibility is required to support other work schedules, including weekend on-call. The Field Service Engineer reports to the Manager, Field Service. The primary work location is in Dresden, with travel to other regional customers as needed.
Please add a personal motivation letter to this application.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.