You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Logistics & supply chain management
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Logistics & supply chain management
Introduction to the job
To improve the efficiency of planning and flow of all material and production movements into, within and out of the cleanroom, the Production Logistics Organization is looking for a highly organized and energized Shift Planner, This position reports to the Production Planning Group Lead within Logistics, and works closely with specialists in Production Planning, Material Handling and Manufacturing to ensure timely completion of Work in Progress (WIP).
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
- In consultation with the responsible Production Planner, supports the daily execution of the locked in-build plan for all work centers in Manufacturing
- Systematically and physically monitor production work orders in progress, ensure that logistic requirements for the day are fulfilled on time and in the most cost-efficient way
- Manage expedited delivery of material shortages from the warehouse to the manufacturing floor
- Review production work orders on a daily basis after completion to ensure the correct materials were issued or gained
- Attend daily kaizen meetings to review build schedule for the day
- Act as a trouble-shooter in order to avoid Kanban errors and logistics disruptions to Manufacturing; report recurring issues and recommendations on how to prevent reoccurrence
- Communicate problems to Production Planners and Group Lead, with recommended solutions. Recognize how and when to escalate production blocks or process discrepancies
- Show initiative and active input for continuous improvement processes regarding material delivery performance and inventory accuracy (valuable knowledge due to central position in processes by nature of the job)
- Support cycle count reconciliation efforts
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or minimum of two (2) years of experience within a complex/high volume production environment is required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering, Logistics, Business, or Production Management. Advanced degree or professional certification such as APICS is a plus
- Knowledge and understanding of theories of ASCP/MRP, JIT, Kanban and Lean Manufacturing.
- Understanding of the concepts and functionality of ERP systems, like SAP, preferred
- Experience with of Microsoft tools, especially Outlook, Teams, Excel and Power Point
- Strong ability to learn the various tools, procedures, and ERP systems needed to perform the job.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Team player with good social skills who is able to achieve personal and team goals
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer-relationship building
- Assertive and pro-active attitude in order to prevent and solve issues on time
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new information or skills
- Takes initiative in order to ensure production progress
- Proactive person who is able to take ownership of tasks and see them through to completion
- Strong communicator (written and verbal)
- Structural, well-organized team player
- Motivated and creative problem solver
- Ability to prioritize tasks and still to a plan, yet flexible when absolutely needed to the targets of the EUV Factory
- Affinity for working with cutting edge technology
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be willing to work on site, in the cleanroom and on the manufacturing floor.
- Willing to do 12 hrs shift, weekends and 1-2 nights
- The environment is primarily within a cleanroom, moderate in temperature and noise level.
- The employee is required to move around the campus, including the loading dock.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, and use hands to keyboard.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- This position is located on-site in San Diego, CA. It requires onsite presence to attend in-person work-related events, trainings and meetings and to further ensure teamwork, collaboration and innovation. Evening/night and/or weekend shift may be required
- The position may require travel depending on business needs.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.