You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Technical Project Lead - New Product Introduction
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
Do you know what engineers in the field need to execute their services? Do you know what it is to introduce a new product into a service organization? Are you able to start executing a project although the scope is not clear? Can you translate risks and issues of missing deliveries into containments? Do you like to interface with many departments and many cultures? Are you able to influence without power? If so, the role of Technical Project Lead is just the opportunity for you.
The sector Customer Support (CS) is responsible for the maintenance of ASML systems on customer locations and supporting the customer in the use of these systems in his production process.
Within CS the introduction of New Products (NPI) is managed by the NPI team and focusses on introducing the new XT and NXT products into the ASML worldwide service organization. These products range from new technology with critical time-to-market to new services to improve the operational performance for our customers.
Role and responsibilities
The Service Project leader takes ownership of and is responsible for one or more sub-project(s) supporting the introduction of new systems, service products or upgrade product to the field.
As Technical Project Lead NPI, you:
- Understand the working environment of the local CS engineers in the field and understand what is needed to maintain/upgrade a system in the Field;
- Ensure CS requirements are taken into the design and in the development of the Service Mix (Tools, Work instructions, Diagnostics and Spare parts);
- Ensure D&E and CS industrialization deliverables are available in time and with the right quality for execution;
- Understand the risks and issues and defines mitigation plans and containment actions;
- Ensure the field has the required information to prepare itself (incl. need capacity) and drives execution by the Field and by the sector PLs and reports status;
- Drive to meet all CS targets (XLD, Labor Hours , Parts usage, …) by setting-up issue intake and solution roll-out processes;
- Create the CS Key Decision deliverables for the Product Generation Process to ensure cross sector approvals for all the NPI services;
- Manage with support of Start-up Equipment Support (SES) Engineers the Intro & Upgrade Support projects;
- Align handover criteria with the line organization to migrate the execution of processes from the project to the line organization;
- Work together with several different groups within ASML: System Engineering, Development & Engineering, Manufacturing, Logistics, Product Management and of course with the Field CS PL. Within the stakeholder groups the PL get things done by convincing people rather than using power.
Education and experience
- Master’s degree (or Bachelor + relevant experience) in physics, electronics or mechanical engineering;
- Extensive equipment engineering and project management experience (3-5 years) in a high-tech equipment industry.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Strong influencing skills: able to motivate, drive, steer and convince others at all levels of the organization (influencing without power);
- Creative, reduces ambiguity with a focus on (internal) customer requirements;
- Strong communication skills (multi-cultural and towards different levels);
- Goal oriented and result driven;
- Capable of conceiving and maintaining ‘global’ overview;
- Work very independent but well aligned in teams of multiple PL’s reporting to one CS-Project/Program Manager.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access U.S. controlled technology.
Willingness to travel internationally up to 10%.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.