You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Project Lead - Product Lifecycle Management
Research & development
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Research & development
Introduction to the job
ASML US, including its affiliates and subsidiaries, brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Ariz., San Jose and San Diego, Calif., Wilton, Conn., and Hillsboro, Ore.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Lead to join our Product Lifecycle Management Program team to support DUV Lightsource products used in today’s advanced semiconductor photolithography applications. The position is focused on managing redesign projects related to component life-cycle & obsolescence. In addition the position requires a candidate with theoretical and practical background in electrical and/or mechanical engineering, who can comprehend form, fit, function replacement of alternative components to yield equivalent design performance. This position will be a key contributor in managing Cymer’s projects pipeline in our DUV Lightsource Product Technology.
Role and responsibilities
The primary role of a Project Lead (PL) is to manage the engineering activities within a Development Program. This includes but is not limited to creating and tracking schedules, budgets, costs, performance targets, resource plans, and general planning activities for project deliverables. The PL is responsible for ensuring that the proper elements of the Product Generation Process (PGP) are known and adhered to across the core team, as well as assessing risk and mitigation strategies, highlighting issues and managing their solutions, and coordinating the various development activities to ensure good cross-program communication.
In collaboration with Engineering, Product Marketing, and Supply Chain, the PL will determine the resolution strategy such as LTB, reclaim, harvesting, and/or redesign for a number of projects associated with obsolescence and/or lifecycle of components.
- Lead redesign projects and coordinate efforts between Supply Chain and Engineering to ensure timely execution and continued supply of DUV products.
- Manage timelines, budgeting and metrics to support the project pipelines.
- Manage project and resource allocation and prioritization (people and tooling) to ensure engineering solution is developed and qualified prior to run-out of the obsolete part.
- Ensure all new modules go through qualification prior to release, and have OPSC solution monitoring to ensure performance as expected.
- Create and track schedules, budgets, costs, performance targets, and general planning activities for engineering deliverables.
- Responsible for coordinating the various development activities to ensure good cross-program communication.
- Creates, tracks, and ensures schedules, budgets, costs, performance targets (specifications), resource plans, manufacturability, reliability, and other general engineering planning activities.
- Ensures that the PGP is communicated and followed within the program's engineering team.
- Manages the effective usage of the Design Review Process within the program's engineering team and facilitate necessary approvals.
- Assesses and highlights risks and develops mitigation plans.
- Proactively communicates issues and manages the solution paths.
- Ensures good cross-functional communication (through effective meetings, email, and other means) to ensure coordination between engineering functional areas and other departments.
- Supports the Product Development Manager (provides information, fill-in during absence, etc.) as required.
- Ensures successful completion of module and system-level testing, compliance/reliability testing, life testing,, and any activity required as part of the product's release into manufacturing.
- Ensures proper documentation is completed for each development activity, and that adequate documentation exists for product manufacturing (test procedures, drawings, BOMs - Build of Material).
- Establishes technical design path and verifies design paths by planning and facilitating design reviews to gain Engineering and Executive Management approval.
- Responsible for creation of Engineering documentation and specifications from component to product level for assigned projects.
- Provides input and plans for program related expense to the PDM for Program budget development and forecasting. Owns budget management as assigned by the PDM.
- Validates product design performance and product design quality/reliability at system level with System Scientist and validates product design performance and product design quality/reliability at module/sub-assy/component level with Responsible Engineers.
- Drives development team to meet cost and reproducibility goals. Supports new product introduction to manufacturing by providing production process design requirements, test documentation, and problem solving.
- Manages program allocated product development laser resources. Schedules laser utilization across all laser use customers. Plans and drives laser maintenance and upgrades as required supporting the program plans and maximizing system uptime. Coordinates Test Engineers and Technicians to execute prioritized program tasks and supports task execution as required.
- Creates presentations as required to support internal and external program reviews.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Job description subject to change at any time.
Education and experience
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree or higher in in Engineering, Supply Chain Management, or related field. Advanced degree is a plus.
- A minimum of three (3) years relevant work experience required
- Experience with product life cycle management, supplier management, and commercial negotiation is a plus
- Experience using Configuration Control tools such as Agile.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Excellent customer service and advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills with the ability to influence, motivate, mentor, and lead team resources.
- Ability to solve problems and implement solutions to complex problems with available resources.
- Ability to access and plan staffing requirements for projects and technical/non-technical qualifications/capabilities of staff members.
- Ability to lead and manage engineering teams to successfully meet their commitments.
- Sufficient technical knowledge and experience to be able to communicate effectively with the engineering teams, and to check/review their plans and progress.
- Excellent organizational, reasoning, planning, and motivational skills.
- Excellent problem-solving techniques.
- Ability to effectively convey information in graphical and chart formats.
- Good meeting practices (proper attendance, agendas, start/stop times, minutes, actions, follow-through).
- Self-starter; self-motivator; willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
- Ability to plan development expenses over a quarter to quarter period and track expenses.
- Ability to adapt processes to improve inefficiencies and accelerate product development.
- Excellent decision making skills and business judgment.
- Understanding of escalation utilization.
- Ability to define and track short and long-term goals and resources.
- Ability to access and project design cost.
- Understanding of engineering control, control rules, and tools.
- Ability to read and optimize engineering documentation.
- Strong organization skills.
- Ability to plan and execute experiments.
- Proficient use of all Microsoft Office suite programs
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- U.S. Flexible Work policy may be available to employees who work in conductive roles. Mutually-beneficial alternative work arrangement must be approved by manager – hybrid working Model.
- May require up to 10% travel (domestic and international) dependent on business needs
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.