You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
CS Technical Support Engineer
In a nutshell
Chandler - AZ, US
Introduction to the job
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers-the world’s leading chipmakers-to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
The Technical Support Engineer will work with the Fab team engineers and system owners to provide escalation support including action plans, best known methods and competency knowledge. The Technical Support Engineer will also work with non-local resources to solve escalated and structural issues, disseminate knowledge into the local team, provide project support per competency and take a proactive approach in machine health and availability.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
- Must take ownership for solving issues and ensures escalations take place. Takes proactive action for prevention or repeating error.
- Capable of resolving most issues without assistance and highly independent in a shift position. Ability to make decisions in the priority of problem solving.
- Work unsupervised, responsible for projects, equipment performance and prepare technical reports.
- Take initiative to increase skill and knowledge level within the team.
- Document knowledge systematically and in an accessible way.
- Demonstrated experience as a proactive team member within own functional area.
- Clear and effective communication skills required.
- Strong system knowledge of Twinscan, and NXT1950, NXT1960, and NXT1970.
- Diagnose and monitor escalated issues and determine root cause, escalate as necessary and provide action plans to fab engineers.
- Review complex action plans for quality and accuracy.
- Data analysis and define improvement and monitoring plans.
- Develop and implement best known methods on necessary topics.
- Execute difficult and uncommon repairs.
- Provide beta test, project and coordination support.
- Knowledge transfers to local site engineers and customer.
- Improve service mix and structural issue documentation including initiation, review and improvement rollout.
- ASML Metrology experience preferred.
Education and experience
- Position requires a BS degree in an Engineering field or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Knowledge of safety procedures required.
- Demonstrated experience using computer applications, including data statistical, word processing, spreadsheets and presentation software.
- Mechanical aptitude and knowledge of pneumatics, hydraulics, electronics, and semiconductor manufacturing processes.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Should expect to spend more than 50% of the time inside the clean room working with mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Job may require standing for long periods of time.
- Manager, supervisor and/or lead engineers set technical direction.
- Ability to travel up to 50% US and internationally, work flexible shifts including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Valid driver’s license and passport required.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.